What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

modage

haha, whoever wrote that has the cruises voice/mannerisms down cold.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Website aims to 'liberate' Holmes

You've seen the "Free Kobe" T-shirts, and the "Free Michael" T-shirts. Now, there's a movement afoot to "free" Katie Holmes, the young star of the upcoming "Batman Begins."

Former entertainment producer and executive Sheila Cameron has created www.freekatie.net , where Americans are invited to help "liberate Katie, a young, gifted actress held captive by forces we may never understand. Even one summer of captivity is too long for one so bright!"

The site contends that Holmes is in a prison of sorts, due to Tom Cruise's hyper-public expressions of love. The website offers ways to "help": purchase a "Free Katie" T-shirt, mug or baseball cap, rant on message boards, or simply spread the word.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

modage

yeah, this is just to make money quickly.  those are the worst designs i've ever seen.  atleast the free winona's were pleasing and had some weird graphic.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

hedwig

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Cruise Says Holmes 'Digs' Scientology

Tom Cruise says girlfriend Katie Holmes "digs" the Church of Scientology. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Cruise says the 26-year-old "Batman Begins" actress is curious about Scientology, founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

"Yes, absolutely. She digs it," the 42-year-old actor tells the magazine.

When asked if he's become more passionate about Scientology, Cruise says: "I've always been passionate about it. I've always talked about it when people asked about it."

He also confirmed there was a Scientology massage tent on the set of his upcoming film, "War of the Worlds."

"I also had a cappuccino tent on that set. And I made sure the crews were fed well, too. And if someone wanted an assist from a (Scientology) volunteer, it was there for them," he says. "People are curious about it they're always asking me about it, they want to know what Scientology is."

In an EW.com poll, 61 percent of respondents said they liked Cruise less now after the recent exhaustive attention to his personal life, 3 percent said they liked him more, and 36 percent said their viewpoint of the "Top Gun" star hadn't changed.

When asked by the interviewer if he's going to propose to Holmes, Cruise whispered, "It's gonna happen, man. It'll happen."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

he's gone insane. seriously, he's acting the way only a brainwashed cult member acts. and i doubt it's a scientology thing, he's just really lost his mind. severe mid-life psychotic episode. i hate to say it, but he needs to fail tragically at sumthing soon, or he'll never come back to earth. that, or he needs robin williams to tell him it's not his fault.. immediately.

he'll end up back with mimi rogers in the end. i would.
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

...your excuses are your own...

modage

Kal

This guy really got to the point where he doesnt need anything... Whatever movie he wants to produce, or act, or whatever he wants he gets... He has money for anything in the world... He can get any girl or man that he wants... its normal that he explodes and acts like a crazy person... he'll be ok

cowboykurtis

the unsettling thing is such behavior is usually seen by people who have just obtained their wealth and power. cruise has had the power and freedom you've described for decades. For the mos,t part he has handled it as gracefully as one can (please take gracefully with a grain of salt).

To suddenly be acting like a bafoon can only lead to one assumption -- insanity.
...your excuses are your own...

Daliang

I knew he was insane the minute he dumped Nicole Kidman; it all just kind of went downhill from there, didn't it?  :saywhat:

But seriously, I respect that he has his beliefs and what not, but he has no right to go around and belittle others for theirs. (i.e. Brooke Shields). Yes, he is a great actor and has done a really impressive group of work, but he needs to get his head out of his ass.

If he isn't careful he could meet the same fate as Mel Gibson; only known for how extremely faithful he is to the things he believes.