What the hell is wrong with Tom Cruise?

Started by filmcritic, July 22, 2003, 03:34:31 PM

Banky

im watching A Few Good Men and i was thinking about how many films Cruise has done in wich he is shadowed by his fathers career in his own

Top Gun
Days of Thunder
A Few Good Men
Vanilla Sky

those are off the top of my head

anyone else?

Sigur Rós

MacGuffin

BAFTA/LA will honor Cruise with Kubrick

Tom Cruise will be honored by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts/Los Angeles when it awards him its highest honor, the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film, at its 14th annual Britannia Awards set for Nov. 10 at the Beverly Hilton. "Tom Cruise is the very embodiment of the consummate acting professional," BAFTA/LA chairman Gary Dartnall said in announcing the award. "For more than 20 years, he has been that rarest of them all: an unparalleled movie star who has attained both global fame and the most prestigious recognition of his acting talents." The Britannia has been awarded to Albert R. "Cubby" Broccoli, Peter Ustinov, Michael Caine, Martin Scorsese, Anthony Hopkins, Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Dustin Hoffman, Stanley Kubrick, Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Hugh Grant. Last year, the award went to Tom Hanks. BAFTA/LA is a professional, independent, nonprofit organization founded in 1987 that operates as an affiliate of BAFTA, headquartered in London, and is the largest British professional industry organization outside of the U.K.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

NEON MERCURY

man, this small lil freak has gone nuts lately.

mogwai

Quote from: Katie HolmesTom, who's Stanley Kubrick?
Quote from: Tom CruiseHe directed Eyes Wide Shut. Nicole Kidman and I starred in it.
Quote from: Katie HolmesNicole who?
Quote from: Tom CruiseErrm, no one.
Quote from: Katie HolmesThat's my boy!

Pubrick

katie: how u doin down there?

tom: what?

katie: i'm breaking up with u.

tom: what?

katie: i'm the first daughter.
under the paving stones.

Stefen

HAHA.

Katie - Hand me some cookies from that jar.

Tom - Hand me that chair so I can reach them.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

First date

Quote from: Tom CruiseJesus... you're taller than me!
Quote from: Katie HolmesWell, I'm sorry... but... what's wrong?
Quote from: Tom CruiseOh no! Katie, can you blow my nose?
Quote from: Katie HolmesHow can I blow it when it's in my navel?

Fernando

Int. Bedroom.

Quote from: FernandoWhy the hell did you said that Vanilla Sky was the best flim you made to date? Did you forget about working with Kubrick already?
Quote from: Tom CruiseWhat the fuck!??!
Quote from: Katie HolmesWhat's Vanilla Sky?
Quote from: Tom CruiseThe flim I made with Cameron and penelope, you know my previous...
Quote from: Katie HolmesPenelope who?
Quote from: Tom CruiseErrm, no one.
Quote from: Katie HolmesThat's my boy!

cowboykurtis

Tom: Have you seen the war of the worlds trailer?

Katie: Have you seen the Batman Begins trailer?

Tom: I'lll watch yours if you watch mine.

Katie: Deal!
...your excuses are your own...

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Stefen

haha tom cruise doing his best howard dean impression. man, i'm gonna have some fun with this chump alll summer long. HE'S GONE OFF THE DEEP END!!! haha.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

meatball

Quote from: Stefen Posts Drunkerhaha tom cruise doing his best howard dean impression. man, i'm gonna have some fun with this chump alll summer long. HE'S GONE OFF THE DEEP END!!! haha.

You're not going to do anything but dish out ten bucks to see him in a summer blockbuster/remake of a classic. And, probably your mother and father and friends and family will all do the same. Tom wins. haha.

Pubrick

Quote from: velveteena summer blockbuster/remake of a classic.
seriously, the original wasn't that good. the only things classic about it are its age, the original wells book, and the welles radio play. so paying $10 to see a massive improvement on the original is actually a good thing for all.

anyway, back to hilarity please..
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Quote from: Pubrick

anyway, back to hilarity please..

Done and done: http://drtomcruisemd.blogspot.com/