Billy Bob Thornton

Started by Tiff, June 09, 2003, 11:21:34 PM

Tiff

i just saw sling blade two nights ago, which i really loved and i think he's a great actor. some say he's neurotic and others (i think it was some director, not sure who exactly) say he's a hillbilly orson welles. what do you guys think? this'll be interestin'.
"Shut the fuck up!"

Ghostboy

He's admittedly neurotic as hell, but like many neurotic folks, he's also a great actor. He does amazing things with his eyes.

MacGuffin

Quote from: GhostboyHe's admittedly neurotic as hell

Yeah, he said that the character he played in "Bandits" was basically himself.

Sling Blade
A Simple Plan
Monster's Ball
U-Turn
Man Who Wasn't There

...all perfect.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Xixax

Billy Bob rocks.

A friend of mine went to Austin a few weeks ago and BBT was there working on a movie. While my friend wanted to respect Billy Bob's privacy, he also wanted to say hi - so he did, and he said that Billy Bob was very VERY cordial and appreciative of the fans that approached him.

That stuff can get to anyone - you can get so much admiration and finally you just want some privacy. I can totally understand that. The fact that Billy Bob didn't shy away from the public and embraced them - spending 10 or 15 minutes talking with my friend. That's just stinking cool.

Heck, even I wouldn't talk to a stranger for 10 or 15 minutes.

Billy Bob rules.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Ghostboy

One of the guys in JMJ's first film was Matt Damon's stand-in for 'All The Pretty Horses,' and he said Billy Bob is the nicest, most down to earth director you could imagine. He treated the entire crew, from the extras to the DP to the PAs with the same amount of respect and friendliness, and would take them all bowling. That made me like him even more. His album, however, wasn't exactly my cup of tea.

godardian

He also displayed a talent for Southern gothic yarn-spinning with The Gift. I like 'im.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

budgie

Yes.

Does anyone know whether he has a pierced cock? I like to imagine so.

bonanzataz

budgie...

there aren't words...

:yabbse-smiley:
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: budgieDoes anyone know whether he has a pierced cock?
is there any doubt?
under the paving stones.

phil marlowe

the budgie only comes by when she is needed. strongly needed.

budgie

Quote from: mogwaiLet me check that Monster's Ball scene again and I will return with a explicit cap.

Yes please.

Quote from: Phil Marlowethe budgie only comes by when she is needed. strongly needed.

I can smell when this town needs an enema.

bonanzataz, there are always words.

MacGuffin

Billy Bob Thornton Turns on Friday Night Lights
Source: Variety

Bad Santa star Billy Bob Thornton is in talks with Universal and Imagine to star in the Peter Berg-directed Friday Night Lights, an adaptation of the H.G. Bissinger book being produced by Brian Grazer.

Thornton would play the head coach of a high school gridiron team that is the obsession of the town's inhabitants. The book chronicles an entire season of the Permian High Panthers, a team whose success was inordinately important to the inhabitants of Odessa, Texas. The town was in severe economic despair, and the townsfolk looked to the team's success for inspiration each Friday night.

Grazer has been trying for 15 years to turn Bissinger's book into a film. He originally planned to make it with the late director Alan J. Pakula. Berg came aboard during the summer, after he directed The Rundown, and has done a rewrite of a script by David Aaron Cohen.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Um.... Peter Berg is no Alan Pakula.  :(

I can't wait to see Bad Santa.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Gamblour.

He was really nice and engaging on the phone interview I (and about 20 other pushy college reporter-wannabes) had with him, didn't show a hint of annoyance at all, and it was a very annoying phone call, with all these kids asking mundane questions, and talking over each other. Still, he was calm the whole time and answered each question with humor and honesty. I think he said all he wanted for Christmas was a pencil and some soup.
WWPTAD?

Fernando

Quote from: Gamblor the ManwhoreHe was really nice and engaging on the phone interview I (and about 20 other pushy college reporter-wannabes) had with him, didn't show a hint of annoyance at all, and it was a very annoying phone call, with all these kids asking mundane questions, and talking over each other. Still, he was calm the whole time and answered each question with humor and honesty. I think he said all he wanted for Christmas was a pencil and some soup.

So you made it to the interview?! Are you going to post it here?