Nic Cage - NEVER afraid to go over the edge

Started by modage, June 06, 2003, 03:28:53 PM

Derek237

That's the most I've laughed all month. Great video.

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 10, 2007, 01:21:43 AM
New banner:

No, not the bees! NOT THE BEES!! AHHHHHHH!

that was my favourite part, "they're defending themselves somehow!"
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

I honestly think if they had just gone ahead and advertised it that way, it would have made more money.  I'm certainly much more curious about the film now, and if I ever see it, it'll definitely be because of what I saw in this video, and not what I saw in the trailer.

nix

Either Labute was on crack the whole time, or was fully aware of how fucking awful this film was and just ran with it.
"Sex relieves stress, love causes it."
-Woddy Allen

Gold Trumpet

The problem is that LaBute believed in the quality of the original. The remake is pretty faithful, but the difference is that the context of the character's action in the original is explained in that he is a religious zealous and so the audience takes his character with a grain of salt. When he attacks commoners, he does so out of desperation and conviction. Parts were laughable, but not as bad as the remake. Nicolas Cage reminded me of Sam Spade in The Wicker Man - overblown ego and overblown machismo that was there for no point. I found portions of the Maltese Falcon funny because it was trying so hard to make Humphrey Bogart a leading man star with such a cocky character, but LaBute should have known better when approaching this movie.

Fernando

Quote from: Ghostboy on January 09, 2007, 06:43:37 PM
When he punches that girl in the bear suit, I lost it...but man, everything in that clip is solid gold!

Quote from: Pubrick on January 10, 2007, 04:32:54 AM

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 10, 2007, 01:21:43 AM
New banner:

No, not the bees! NOT THE BEES!! AHHHHHHH!

that was my favourite part, "they're defending themselves somehow!"

:laughing: That was the best, he's like Jack Bauer in a Village.

MacGuffin

Cage seeks out 'The Vanished'
Actor to star in Focus Features drama
Source: Variety

Nicolas Cage will star in "The Vanished" for Focus Features.

Pic marks the studio helming debut of Hany Abu-Assad, the Palestinian-born director of "Paradise Now."

Thriller, penned by Larysa Kondracki and Eilis Kirwan, concerns a father who goes in search of his college-aged American-born Muslim son, who's missing overseas.

Movie will be produced by Noah Rosen and David Alpert of Circle of Confusion and Tracy Seward. Production is scheduled for the spring.

Abu-Assad drew acclaim for "Paradise Now," an Oscar-nominated 2005 film about two Palestinian youths drafted to become suicide bombers.

Cage first plans to star for director Darren Aronofsky in indie drama "The Wrestler" in January. He jumps right into "The Vanished" in April. Thesp most recently wrapped a remake of "Bangkok Dangerous," as well as the sequel "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," which Disney opens Dec. 21.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Nicolas Cage is a 'Kick-Ass' ex-cop
Aaron Johnson, Lyndsy Fonseca also set to star in film
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Nicolas Cage, Aaron Johnson and Lyndsy Fonseca are set to star in "Kick-Ass," Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of the violent Mark Millar comic book.

Written by Millar and drawn by John Romita Jr., the Marvel Comics' Icon imprint book centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons.

Johnson plays the dweeb and title character, while Fonseca plays the object of the teen's infatuation who believes Dave is gay. Cage is a former cop who wants to bring down a druglord and has trained his daughter (Chloe Moretz) to be a lethal weapon.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse is also in the cast.

Vaughn and his Marv Films partner Kris Thykier are producing the feature, which is being financed independently as many studios balked at the bloody nature of the project. David Reed is also producing.

A fall shoot in London and Toronto is planned.

Brit actor Johnson had a blink-and-you-missed-it cameo as a kiddie Charlie Chaplin in "Shanghai Knights." He went on to star in "The Thief Lord" and is one of the stars of "Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging." He is repped by WMA and Principal Entertainment.

Fonseca, repped by Gersh and Sager Management, is known for her work in TV's "Big Love" as well as "Desperate Housewives" and "How I Met Your Mother."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

omg Nic Cage + Marvel + McLoving = snooze, suicide
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Nic Cage's Superman Finally Revealed?
Video purports to show star as Tim Burton's would-be Man of Steel.

Ever wonder what Nicolas Cage would have looked like had he played Superman in the late 1990s movie Superman Lives? That was the scrapped version that would have been directed by Tim Burton from a screenplay by Kevin Smith (and rewritten by Wesley Strick) and produced by Jon Peters.

Cage's casting as the last son of Krypton caused as much of a stir amongst fanboys as Michael Keaton's had when he won the title role in Burton's Batman. Filming on Superman Lives was to have begun in 1998 in Pittsburgh, but Warner Bros. ultimately put the project on hold due to its ballooning budget. Both Cage and Burton eventually dropped out of the project, but not after concept art and costume designs were made. And after years in-development and millions spent, Warners would ultimately scrap the entire "Death of Superman" storyline, jettison Peters as the picture's producer, and take a whole new approach with 2006's Superman Returns.

Mania points out this video at TimBurton.jp (also available at YouTube) that purports to show a costume test of Cage in the redesigned Superman suit. Cage sports long black hair, a la the hairstyle worn by Superman after his rebirth in the comics. A screen cap from the video can be seen above.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

We Knew It! Nicolas Cage is Everyone!
Source: Cinematical

I've seen him as Big Daddy in Matthew Vaughn's Kick-Ass. I know he's starring alongside Ron Perlman and Christopher Lee in Season of the Witch. I'm aware that he'll be re-teaming with producer Jerry Bruckheimer for Disney's The Sorceror's Apprentice.

What I didn't know is that Nicolas Cage can be everyone. EVERYONE. The Penguin, Perez Hilton, Zac Efron, Hulk Hogan, Gandalf, Pamela Anderson -- the list goes on and on, and over at NicCageAsEveryone you can see it for yourself.

Years ago, I read a Movieline interview with Quentin Tarantino where the director named Cage as the best actor of Tarantino's generation. This was right around the time of Cage's Oscar-winning role in Leaving Las Vegas, long before Cage showed us a different kind of range by hamming it up in Ghost Rider or sleepwalking through Bangkok Dangerous.

Could Tarantino have been right about Nicolas Cage or is this just one blog's attempt to use photoshop to hilarious (and sometimes unsettling) effect? I think the truth lies somewhere in between. Check out some of our favorite images below ...

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Haha. These are great. I saw them posted on Mods blog and I about died laughing.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.