RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

Started by Reinhold, February 02, 2014, 12:38:36 PM

squints

I've been saying this all day, but I haven't been this affected by a famous person dying since Kurt Vonnegut died :(

Rest in peace you beautiful bastard

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Kellen

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

wilder

Horrible and shocking. You looked at his performances and thought "there's a dude who gets it". The world suddenly feels lonelier without him.

Jeremy Blackman

People don't talk enough about his performance in Before the Devil Knows You're Dead. Some of the scenes would be very hard to watch now, but this one is pretty great.

Massive spoilers ahead...

Drenk

Ascension.

O.

superb

Drenk

Ascension.

Lottery

Fernando

so unexpected, for us or for me a least it feels closer than any other death because of PTA and his great collaboration with him.

we will miss him greatly.  :yabbse-sad:

maybe im nitpicking here but I think he should have his own thread, he isnt just ''the next to croak''

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Fernando on February 02, 2014, 06:26:01 PMmaybe im nitpicking here but I think he should have his own thread, he isnt just ''the next to croak''

Good call. Done.

Sleepless

I discovered PSH before I discovered PTA. I fell in love with him as Lester Bangs in Almost Famous. Since then, I've watched him in a ton of movies which have had a huge impact on my life: The Big Lebowski, Talented Mr. Ripley, 25th Hour, and of course all his PTA films. He seemed like a great guy. Right now as I'm writing this, all I can think of is that bit in the Magnolia making of doc where Paul is giving him a tough time about how he takes a simple direction and makes it into a huge performance lol. I'm looking forward to reading statements form PTA/JCR.

RIP Phil.

"That's that."
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Frederico Fellini

I'm watching Magnolia right now, I'm crying....   I can't even imagine how PTA feels. I feel sick. R.I.P MASTER.
We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.