most annoying actors

Started by Jeremy Blackman, January 12, 2003, 08:46:42 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: cbrad4dIt may seen like they are overacting in Gladiator, but I think it comes with the nature of the piece, which is very dramatic, very theatrical and almost Shakesperean.

:shock:

Ok, first of all, I'd like to see you defend Gladiator as Shakespearean. Yes, Shakespearean acting is very melodramatic (who knows if he intended it that way, or if Shakespearean acting really hasn't evolved. There are great Shakespeare films that are completely not overacted. See "Titus") but you need the language to back it up--and Gladiator's writing is some of the most hollow, pretentious fluff that I have ever been exposed to.

Quote from: cbrad4dGladiator is heavy-handed

You're right there... And when a filmmaker goes that route and takes that risk, it's all or nothing... and Gladiator is nothing...

GodDamnImDaMan

Michael Douglas...

Plays the same damn person every movie!
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Tommy Both

Tom Hanks is getting on my nerves

MacGuffin

Melanie Griffith = nails on a chalk board

"I've got a head for business and a bod for sin."

Sorry, honey, only if that business imports/exports air, and having that much plastic surgery done to a body is a sin.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

Sandra Bullock.

She's sucked "the girl next door" schtick dry.

RegularKarate

Quote from: MacGuffinMelanie Griffith = nails on a chalk board

"I've got a head for business and a bod for sin."

Sorry, honey, only if that business imports/exports air, and having that much plastic surgery done to a body is a sin.

Oh yeah... I'm definately seconding that one.

She gets me angry.

Also Denzel Washington.  Very annoying.

Xixax

Denzel lost me in that stupid "John Q." mess. Were we expected to believe that nonsense? I've totally written him off, and I see no redemption in the near future.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

xerxes

'john q' was a horrible, but i still think mr. washington is one of the best actors working today... didn't you see 'training day'... not much of a movie, but that guy was fucking amazing in it

Gold Trumpet

funny, I don't mind any of these actors and like most of them.

~rougerum

budgie

I, too, found this tough...

But Ben Affleck (never seen a movie because the trailers are enough), Matt Damon and Josh Hartnett.

Don't like those football types oh no.

And yes, Sandra Bullock is really mediocre.

Tommy Both

too much is what's his name again....uhhh oh yeah of course how could I forget: Richard Gere. God can somebody please shoot him?

Jeremy Blackman

Helen Hunt. Overused and obnoxious.

Damon Wayans. Marlon Wayans* at least cancels him out, though.

*"Requiem" = redemption

swimmingly

Robin Williams is so damn annoying and so in need of validation that its sad and pathetic.  Did anyone see him on the critic's choice awards.  He virtually hijacked Jack Nicholson's acceptance speech.

Also, Russell Crowe is pretentious and not that talented, in my opinion.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: swimmingly

Also, Russell Crowe is pretentious and not that talented, in my opinion.

Pretentious is thrown around too much now a days. I hate Russell Crowe as next as the next man, but there is no doubting he is talented go rent "The Insider", the movie he should have won the Oscar for and then tell me how he isnt "that talented"

RegularKarate

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Pretentious is thrown around too much now a days. I hate Russell Crowe as next as the next man, but there is no doubting he is talented go rent "The Insider", the movie he should have won the Oscar for and then tell me how he isnt "that talented"
Well, you can be talented and pretentious at the same time.
RC's pretty full of himself.