Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore

Started by Tiff, January 12, 2003, 05:34:02 AM

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin on March 26, 2009, 12:51:51 PM
Quaid, who next stars in "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," will be honored by ShoWest as Male Star of Tomorrow.

:yabbse-huh:

I had to look up if they were talking about the same dennis quaid, thought those kind of honors were given to younger ppl..

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

I'm afraid this movie may kill my physical attraction to Julianne Moore.

SiliasRuby

I couldn't find 'the beaver' anywhere on xixax so I decided to review it here. Its a fantastic view of depression. If the news of mel gibsons slight horrificness in real life didn't overshadow this movie nd no one knew of his personal life they would be flabbergasted by this performance. Man, they already could be in spite of his personal life. I'm sorry but its hard not to mention his personal life in a review of this film. My heart melted by the end.

As much as I was touched on an emotional level it felt as though the B story didn't fully co exist well with the A story. I think you'll get my meaning when you see the film, if you see the film. My gosh though, really emotionally satisfying. I know that doesn't matter to some of you but thats what matters to me when I hit the theatres.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Jodie Foster Hates New Era Of Social Media
BY NIKKI FINKE | Deadline

Jodie Foster publishes an impassioned plea to social media to leave Kristen Stewart and her private life alone. The two women know each other well from 2001: they spent 5 months on the set of Panic Room "mostly holed up in a space the size of a Manhattan closet" when Stewart turned 11 years old and played Foster's daughter. Foster in The Daily Beast on Wednesday decries social media scrutiny for young actors:

We seldom consider the childhoods we unknowingly destroy in the process... I have been an actress since I was 3 years old, 46 years to date. I have no memories of a childhood outside the public eye. I am told people look to me as a success story... The truth is, like some curious radioactive mutant, I have invented my own gothic survival tools. I have fashioned rules to control the glaring eyes. Maybe I've organized my career choices to allow myself (and the ones I truly love) maximum personal dignity. And, yes, I have neurotically adapted to the gladiator sport of celebrity culture, the cruelty of a life lived as a moving target. In my era, through discipline and force of will, you could still manage to reach for a star-powered career and have the authenticity of a private life. Sure, you'd have to lose your spontaneity in the elaborate architecture. You'd have to learn to submerge beneath the foul air and breathe through a straw. But at least you could stand up and say, I will not willfully participate in my own exploitation. Not anymore. If I were a young actor or actress starting my career today in the new era of social media and its sanctioned hunting season, would I survive? Would I drown myself in drugs, sex, and parties? Would I be lost?

I've said it before and I will say it again: if I were a young actor today I would quit before I started. If I had to grow up in this media culture, I don't think I could survive it emotionally... Another actress might surely have taken my place, opened her soul to create those characters, surrendered her vulnerabilities. But would she have survived the paparazzi peering into her windows, the online harassment, the public humiliations, without overdosing in a hotel room or sticking her face with needles until she became unrecognizable even to herself?

Just to set the record straight, a salary for a given on-screen performance does not include the right to invade anyone's privacy, to destroy someone's sense of self.

Skeleton FilmWorks