Pixar's new projects

Started by MacGuffin, August 20, 2011, 04:12:54 PM

Lottery

Quote from: Pubrick on September 02, 2013, 04:45:02 AM

what excites me about their films is their ideas, especially these new ones they've got coming up.

Yeah, besides Finding Dory (which I hope is heartfelt and entertaining like the first), the new batch of films seem genuinely unique and interesting.

Pubrick

Damn, I wrote so much more than that.

And now no one will ever know.

Pixar should make a movie about this.
under the paving stones.

Tictacbk

Some more potentially troubling Good Dino news:

"Taking Pixar's only 2014 release off the calendar for that year, The Good Dinosaur is now moving from that May 30, 2014 date to November 24, 2015."

Source: http://bit.ly/19fBTyL

Edit: I guess this info in that article also applies to this thread: Long awaited Nemo sequel Finding Dory has been moved to a June 17, 2016 release in 3D from its previous November 25, 2015 date, now occupied by Good Dinosaur.

Sleepless

I realize that 2015 is a blockbuster year and that Disney probably had few options open when selecting a new release date for The Good Dinosaur, but to push it back 18 months...  :shock: It does make me concerned.

In other news, I really need to buy some shares in Disney before 2015 kicks off.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Ravi

First 'The Good Dinosaur' Teaser Poster

"The Good Dinosaur" asks the generations-old question: What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In theaters May 30, 2014 [now pushed to 2015], the film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively 70-foot-tall teenage Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event rattles Arlo's tranquil community, he sets out on a quest to restore peace, gaining an unlikely companion along the way—a young human boy named Spot.

The boy's expression is disturbingly close to Dreamworks-face.

Lottery

Slightly more detailed Inside Out plot.

QuoteFrom the tepuis of South America to a monster-filled metropolis, Academy Award®-winning director Pete Docter has taken audiences to unique and imaginative places. In 2015, he will take us to the most extraordinary location of all – inside the mind of an 11-year-old named Riley.

Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it's no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions – Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith).

The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley's mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley's main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.

http://www.pixar.com/about/Upcoming

I also read somewhere that  Michael Giacchino is handling the music.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.