American Splendor

Started by dufresne, July 18, 2003, 02:55:37 AM

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe Gold Trumpet
I think your name would flow much more smoothly if you changed it to "The Golden Trumpet." Just saying...

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: Chest Rockwell
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetThe Gold Trumpet
I think your name would flow much more smoothly if you changed it to "The Golden Trumpet." Just saying...

I've realized correct english is on your side, but I've had it too long to change it now.

MacGuffin

Pekar doing graphic novels for Ballantine
Source: Hollywood Reporter

NEW YORK -- Harvey Pekar, the cult comic book hero and inspiration for the acclaimed film "American Splendor," has agreed to write three graphic novels for Ballantine Books, an imprint of Random House. Pekar's first work for Ballantine, a "sequel of sorts" to "American Splendor," will come out this fall. "People have been frustrated for the last 10 years or so. They've known Harvey's around, they've known he's alive, but they can't find his stuff anywhere," Pekar's wife and collaborator, Joyce Brabner, said in a statement Tuesday. "Now, publishing with Ballantine, the work will have a much wider distribution and Harvey will find a much broader audience." "American Splendor" starred Paul Giamatti as Pekar and Hope Davis as his wife. The real Pekar and Brabner, along with foster daughter Danielle and some family friends, also appeared in the 2003 movie as themselves.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks