(Wes Anderson) AT&T commercials

Started by pete, September 16, 2007, 05:27:13 PM

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Kal

i saw a couple watching football today and thought about him... thought it was a ripoff first... but he is the only one that keeps doing the same thing over and over again!!!

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on September 16, 2007, 05:32:12 PM
i saw a couple watching football today and thought about him... thought it was a ripoff first... but he is the only one that keeps doing the same thing over and over again!!!

HaHa. Thought the same thing; somebody ripped off the Zissou set.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

they move the set just like in that jamiroquai "virtual insanity" video, right?

pete

- Buster Keaton

ElPandaRoyal

I, for one, am glad that he keeps doing his thing. I love it. And those comercials are ace.
Si

mogwai

i don't think my comment was harsh. i recognized the same kind of trick in the other video.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai on September 17, 2007, 04:38:16 AM
they move the set just like in that jamiroquai "virtual insanity" video, right?

No, it's the other way around. The people are on a dolly mounted with the camera (kinda like the one Anderson sits on at the end of his American Express commercial) and they move around the sets.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

- Buster Keaton