Johnny (ice cold) Depp

Started by Banky, October 29, 2003, 10:29:27 PM

MacGuffin

Johnny Depp Rings Bell for Universal
Source: Variety

Universal has fast-tracked an adaptation of the Jean-Dominique Bauby autobiography The Diving Bell and the Butterfly for Julian Schnabel to direct. Johnny Depp is in talks to star in the film.

Bauby, the editor of Elle France, suffered a stroke that left his body completely paralyzed, except for his left eye, while his mind remained unaffected.

Despite his affliction, suffered in 1995 when he was 43, Bauby used his eye to blink out a memoir, letter by letter, then died two days after it was published. The book describes his pre-stroke life, what it was like to be a prisoner inside his useless body and imagined journeys to exotic places he'd never visited.

Kennedy-Marshall is producing, and Ron Harwood (The Pianist) wrote the script.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

MM HM HM HM HM HM MORE LIKE JOHNNY GOT HIS BELL AM I RIGHT
I like to hug dogs

ElPandaRoyal

He's the SAG winner for best actor. I still doubt he'll get an Oscar, though.
Si

rustinglass

I think his best work is arizona dream.

here he is with da man, kusta himself
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

MacGuffin

Depp set for adventure in 'Shantaram'
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Gregory David Roberts' "Shantaram: A Novel," which is scheduled for publication next week by St. Martin's Press, has attracted the attention of Warner Bros. Pictures, Initial Entertainment Group, Plan B and Johnny Depp's Infinitum Nihil. Together, they have acquired film rights to the novel as a starring vehicle for Depp in a deal said to be worth $1 million-$2 million. Depp would play the novel's narrator, a young Australian man who escapes from a prison Down Under and goes on to build a new life for himself in the slums of India before going to fight with insurgents in their struggle against the Russians in Afghanistan. Warners and IEG are co-financing with Warners taking domestic distribution and Initial handling international rights to the project. Initial's Graham King, Plan B's Brad Grey and Depp will be producers. Depp's current projects include "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for Warners and "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" for the Walt Disney Co.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Squeo

Has no one seen Dead Man?  It is probably my favorite film EVER, and Johnny Depp is incredible in it.  Tell me someone has seen it and agrees.

Ravi

Quote from: SqueoHas no one seen Dead Man?  It is probably my favorite film EVER, and Johnny Depp is incredible in it.  Tell me someone has seen it and agrees.

I saw part of it, up to when the hooker is shot.  Looks like a good movie.

Pubrick

Quote from: SqueoHas no one seen Dead Man?  It is probably my favorite film EVER, and Johnny Depp is incredible in it.  Tell me someone has seen it and agrees.
everyone has seen it. it's the best jarmusch.
under the paving stones.

Squeo

MacGuffin

Warner Takes Hornby Tome
Source: FilmStew.com

With Fever Pitch currently enjoying success on the big screen, Johnny Depp, Graham King and David Heyman are teaming up to produce the next Nick Hornby adaptation for Warner Bros. Depp, King and Heyman will produce the big screen adaptation of A Long Way Down, which was published in the U.K. this past Monday.

Much like previous Hornby novels, including High Fidelity and About a Boy, Long Way focuses on central characters that are missing something in their lives. This particular story centers on four lonely strangers who come together on New Year's Eve and create a surrogate family for themselves to help them get through the holidays. Together, the group works each others nerves while also helping each other with their problems.

The project will be a co-production between Depp's Infintium Nihil, King's Initial Entertainment Group and Heyman's Heyday Pictures. At the moment, Depp is only attached in a production capacity. The novel will be published in the U.S. this June by Viking Press.

At Warner Bros., exec Kevin McCormick will be overseeing the adaptation.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Johnny Depp hooked on heroin tale

Johnny Depp is attached to star in "Shantaram," a fact-based tale about the adventures of a heroin addict on the run.

The Warner Bros. project is based on the novel by Gregory David Roberts. It will be adapted by Oscar-winning writer Eric Roth ("Forrest Gump").

Set in the 1980s and loosely based on Roberts' life, the story centers on an Australian heroin addict convicted of robbery who escapes to India, where he reinvents himself as a doctor. When he gets involved in smuggling and gunrunning, his adventurous life leads him to Afghanistan and battles with Russians.

The book was acquired in October 2004 in a $2 million deal by Warners and producer Initial Entertainment Group. Depp, who will also serve as a producer, returns to theaters in December with "The Libertine" which also stars John Malkovich and Samantha Morton.

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 27, 2005, 02:11:15 AM
Johnny Depp is attached to star in "Shantaram," a fact-based tale about the wacky mis-adventures of a heroin addict on the run.

fixed.  improved.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cowboykurtis

if anyone gives 2 shits:

Johnny Depp has slammed fashion bosses who dropped his former love Kate Moss, after pictures emerged of her snorting cocaine. The Charlie And The Chocolate Factory star is furious with executives at Chanel, Burberry and H&M, who all cancelled lucrative deals with the supermodel in the wake of the scandal, accusing them of victimizing the beauty. He says, "It was unbelievably unfair the way she was treated. She was dragged through the mud. She's not running for office and she ain't looking to be the next Messiah. I think Kate should live her life how she wants to. She's no dummy, man." And Depp admits he still has feelings for the British beauty: "She's a great girl and I care about her a great deal."
...your excuses are your own...

polkablues

Quote from: cowboykurtis on November 11, 2005, 08:34:42 PM
if anyone gives 2 shits:

Johnny Depp has slammed fashion bosses who dropped his former love Kate Moss, after pictures emerged of her snorting cocaine. The Charlie And The Chocolate Factory star is furious with executives at Chanel, Burberry and H&M, who all cancelled lucrative deals with the supermodel in the wake of the scandal, accusing them of victimizing the beauty. He says, "It was unbelievably unfair the way she was treated. She was dragged through the mud. She's not running for office and she ain't looking to be the next Messiah. I think Kate should live her life how she wants to. She's no dummy, man." And Depp admits he still has feelings for the British beauty: "She's a great girl and I care about her a great deal."

Yeah!  How dare they not want a newly infamous drug abuser representing their companies!  Bastards!
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ultrahip