There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Ultrahip

matt35mm

Quote from: Ultrahip on August 05, 2006, 05:09:28 PM
It's also freaky how much Day-Lewis looks like Hitler.
You don't seem to know quite what Hitler looked like...

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Love a Magician

that is a cat

edit: hitler was not a cat

edit edit: also that cat appears to have a "part" in the middle and we all know that hitler didn't part his hair in this manner

edit edit edit: here is photographic proof that hitler was not a cat:

notice that he is a human being with human features and very much not a cat

edit edit edit edit: a piece of hitler trivia: he was a nazi (also he painted pictures and wasn't nearly as bad as people make it seem)

matt35mm

Hitler was also a vegetarian, which he abruptly became following the suicide of his neice (whom he was rumored to have fancied).  Albert Einstein was also a vegetarian, and a Jew.  Hitler hated Jews (actually, he wanted to have them all killed or at least out of areas governed by the Third Riech, if you can believe that--some don't).  But if Hitler and Einstein had dinner, they would for sure not have meat.

Lots of prominent Americans (including Lindbergh) around the time that There Will Be Blood takes place in thought that Hitler was a great and visionary leader for having pulled Germany out from its economic depression.  Perhaps the Day-Lewis character would have felt the same way, and even modelled his own facial hair after "der Führer."  Of course, Hitler's American supporters did not yet realize that Hitler wanted to kill all of the Jews.

Hitler himself was Austrian, not German, and his "Aryan" heritage was questionable.

THEREFORE... um... yes.

hedwig

hedwig

polkablues

All this Hitler talk has made you all blind to the obvious:

"Who loves ya, baby?"
My house, my rules, my coffee

tpfkabi

does anyone know for certain that the character has a shaved head or is it possible he's wearing a wig?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

edison

its about time, that 4th pic has some interesting shots, can't wait to see how they turn out.

matt35mm

I had a dream that this movie was ultimately released under a different title and direct-to-video.  Now that's a nerdy dream.

MacGuffin

Quote from: matt35mm on August 14, 2006, 12:51:43 PM
I had a dream that this movie was ultimately released under a different title...

Mein Kampf?

Skeleton FilmWorks