LIST ALL THE DVDs YOU OWN!

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, February 09, 2003, 04:55:16 PM

Jeremy Blackman

You guys have waaay to many DVDs  :roll:   ... save your money for the theater...

Newtron

Magnolia
Pulp Fiction
Taxi Driver
A Clockwork Orange
Charlie's Angels.

--

I tend to spend most my money on drinking, gambling, eating, and not sleeping with my DVD collection.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RaikusMine can be found here:

How different is the uncut version of Leon? I loved that movie except for the end.

©brad

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetthat's silly. It just speaks for their tastes in movies. I know most people prefer movies made of recent than of old. I prefer of old more, but love movies today too. No problem in liking movies more of today, i just found it weird.

~rougerum
I think their lists are pretty comprehensive of the movies on DVD that are easily available. A DVD collection doesn't necessarily dictate a person's film literacy or tastes. It's much easier to walk into Best Buy and pick up Vanilla Sky or Gladiator rather than something like Chinatown.

I want life_boy's dvds- that's a pretty damn good collection.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: mogwaiWhat's wrong with the ending?

The part I didn't like was the explosion.

Raikus

The ending in The Proffessional and Leon are the same. It still ends with the explosion. However, Leon contains additional footage that gives more depth to Mathilda and Leon's relationship. It's very obvious that Mathilda loves Leon (and not in a little girl way). When it came to American censors, they thought it was too much and they cut it. There is nothing graphic or explicit about the additional footage, just the bug up the censors' collective asses. It does make it a better movie though because you get the full scope of the relationship.

I'm still waiting for Professional 2: Assassin in the Pink Dress.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Cecil

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetIt is also weird how most listed are very new movies with some lists only having a few to some older movies.
~rougerum

i updated my post and included the years. i think my old/ new ratio is pretty equal

Recce

compared to some of the lists i just saw, I;m a bit embarassed to post such a messely list, but please keep in mind I only bought my dvd player a year ago and have a rather extensive VHS collection.
Here goes:
-12 Monkeys
-Almost Famous
-Le Fabuleux Destin D'Amelie Poulain
-Arlington Road
-Beetlejuice
-Blow
-Dog Day Afternoon
-Fallen
-Fight Club
-The Game
-The Last Temptation of Christ
-The Limey
-Lord of the Rings
-Mean Streets
-Memento
-Million Dollar Hotel
-Moulin Rouge
-Nixon
-Oh, Brother, Where Art Thou
-Panic Room
-Pie
-The Princess and the Warrior
-Raging Bull
-Requiem for a Dream
-Royal Tennenbaums
-Run Lola, Run
-Rushmore
-Seven
-Sex, Lies and Videotape
-The Shawshank Redemption
-Spy Game
-StarGate
-Star Trek: The Movie
-Suicide Kings
-Taxi Driver
-Three Colors: BLUE
-Three Colors: WHITE
-Three Colors: RED
-Traffic
-The Usual Suspects
-Way of the Gun
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

RegularKarate

Quote from: Recce
-Pie
Sounds delicious

MacGuffin

Too many to list, but let me tell you, being a film/video reviewer for a magazine has it's rewards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteToo many to list, but let me tell you, being a film/video reviewer for a magazine has it's rewards.

Which magazine do you review for?

chris

Xixax

Quote from: MacGuffinDon't review for them anymore since they went in a Maxim/Blender/FHM/Stuff/Gear direction, and really, do readers go to those magazines for the film reviews?
I wouldn't anticipate they'd want to hear about GOOD films, the type you'd probably prefer to review.

...Unless the good film also happened to be full of titties.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

Speaking of a big collection filled with a billion DVD's, my friend's dad is a producer and has EVERYTHING. He just got a shipment of EVERY criterion produced including the OOP's and the ones that haven't yet been released. That in itself is a full DVD collection.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Cecil

Xixax

I need to try to find a way to join SAG or something so that I can vote in the Oscars and get all those free screeners every year. Yeah!
:yabbse-thumbup:

(note the first official use of the old yabbse style thumbs up emoticon on Xixax)
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]