LIST ALL THE DVDs YOU OWN!

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, February 09, 2003, 04:55:16 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: sydney le flambeurWhat mag do you write for?
Here. Don't write for them anymore, but the editor is a close friend and still gives me DVDs.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

sonowthen likey dvds. sonowthen jealous of mac's huge collection. sonowthen not making any sense, because he doesn't even have the time to watch what he already owns.

Truffaut box set and Once Upon A Time In America and Umberto D are still sitting in their plastic. boo.

i still have In The Heat Of The Night and Shadowlands in the plastic, from Christmas. damn i'm too busy.

mac, send me hitchcock dvds. i've only seen psycho and didn't want to blind buy the box set. i don't know if i will love him as much as you guys, but it's sure a nice looking set...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Find Your Magali

Here goes:

Fast, Cheap and Out of Control, Mr. Death, Jazz on a Summer's Day, Gimme Shelter, The Last Waltz, Salesman, Lost in La Mancha, Walking with Dinosaurs, The Power of Myth, The Century of Cinema (Scorsese), Visions of Light, Comedian

The Complete Goofy, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Koyannisqatsi, Powaqqatsi

The Chaplin Collection (Vol. 1), Landmarks of Early Film, Sunrise, Metropolis, M, The Most Dangerous Game, The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, Casablanca, Stagecoach, His Girl Friday, Sullivan's Travels, Arsenic and Old Lace, Singin' in the Rain, High Noon, Wages of Fear, The Ladykillers, 12 Angry Men, Some Like it Hot, The Hustler, The Saragossa Manuscript

The Conversation, Nashville, All the President's Men, Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Dead Again, JFK, The Remains of the Day, Seven, L.A. Confidential, The Ice Storm, The Sweet Hereafter, Memento

Glory, The Civil War (Burns), The World at War, Why We Fight, World War II: The Lost Color Archives, The Sorrow and the Pity, Band of Brothers, Night and Fog, Triumph of the Will, Into the Arms of Strangers, Saving Private Ryan

Rocky, Victory, The Natural, Field of Dreams, Bull Durham, 61*, Hoosiers, Slap Shot

The Ultimate Toy Box, Monsters Inc., The Wizard of Oz, E.T., Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, The Princess Bride, Chicken Run, The Castle of Cagliostro, Castles in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Jason and the Argonauts, The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger, The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Superman, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Apollo 13, Titanic, DieHard, Mr. Holland's Opus, It Could Happen to You, Lucas, Con-Air, The Big Chill, Forrest Gump, Swingers, Office Space

Wings of Desire, Hiroshima Mon Amour, Citizen Kane, The Third Man, Kurosaw (doc), Rashomon, Seven Samauri, The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Red Beard, Do The Right Thing, Hard Eight, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch-Drunk Love

Notorious, Rear Window, Rope, Vertigo, North by Northwest, Sex, Lies and Videotape, Out of Sight, The Limey, Traffic, Ocean's Eleven, Say Anything, Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous (Untitled), Il Posto, I Fidanzati, Umberto D, Once Upon a Time in America, Touch of Evil, Thirteen Days, Blood Simple, The Big Lebowski, Three Kings, Life is Beautiful, Nurse Betty, Wonder Boys, The Shawshank Redemption, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (regular and extended)

Monty Python's Flying Circus (Vols. 1-4), Fawlty Towers, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's Life of Brian, Brazil

Aguirre: The Wrath of God, Fitzcarraldo, The Straight Story, The Great Escape, Swimming, Adaptation, The Grey Zone, Go, Donnie Darko, You Can Count on Me, Heavy, Ghost World, Seems Like Old Times, Bridget Jones's Diary, Living in Oblivion, He Died With a Felafel in His Hand, Ali Zaoua, Marion Bridge, Light of My Eyes, Manito, Inch' Allah Dimanche, OT: Our Town

Star Trek: TOS (Vols. 1, 6, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 20, 21, 25, 28, 36), Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn, Star Trek: First Contact, Friends (Seasons 1, 2), MST3K - Manos: Hands of Fate, NYPD Blue (Season 1), Six Feet Under (Season 1), Sports Night, The Singing Detective, The Decalogue

Nosferatu, Dracula, Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man/House of Frankenstein, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, Big Trouble in Little China, Salem's Lot, The Haunting, The Thing, Dark City, Army of Darkness, The Stand, My Boyfriend's Back, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Forbidden Planet, Get a Life (Vols. 1-2), Battle of the Planets (Vols. 1-6)

Alethia

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

...sorry..(revised list soon)...

picolas

didn't P already win this thread? where have all the records gone.

MacGuffin

HaHaHa, this guy thinks he has a lot of DVDs:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=16842

And you call that TV a big screen? He's got nothing on me.  :yabbse-rolleyes:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

pukes with jealousy.   :oops:  oh well, i'll have more someday.  i'm building.  perhaps when i am a few years older.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=16842

hahahahahah.....can annyone pick out the worst dvds he owns....my three are ghost ship, inndependence day, and a guy thing.....and non-dvd related he owns a hulk pez depenser...hahaaaha......

but he/she/it should keep those dvd's in some type of order...it look slikes a 3 years old's room.....

Myxo

Sorted by Director

Hard Eight
Boogie Nights
Magnolia
Punch-Drunk Love

Dr. Strangelove
2001: A Space Odyssey
Clockwork Orange
Eyes Wide Shut

Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown

Blue Velvet
Mulholland Drive
Twin Peaks: Season 1

Trainspotting
28 Days Later

Pi
Requiem For a Dream

Abyss
Terminator 2

Last of the Mohicans
Insider
Heat

Poltergeist
Saving Private Ryan

Clerks
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

Sixth Sense
Unbreakable

All the rest

Les Miserables
Neverending Story
Chinese Connection
Game of Death
Almost Famous
Fargo
Fight Club
Usual Suspects
Taxi Driver
Blade Runner
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Dark City
Donnie Darko
Bowling For Columbine
Creepshow
Psycho
The Graduate
Office Space
Blue, White & Red
Memento
Amadeus
Ghost World
High Fidelity
The Matrix
Shawshank Redemption
One Hour Photo
Dances With Wolves
Apocalypse Now
Gattaca
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Bloodsport
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Army of Darkness
Meeting People is Easy
SNL 25

Thats it for now. I went out to buy the Criterion version of "Brazil" tonight, but Suncoast wanted 60 bucks for it. Fuck that. I'll find someplace else to buy it. I'm gunna start buying Scorsese films next. I only own Taxi Driver right now. I'd like Raging Bull, Goodfellas and The Last Temptation of Christ for sure.

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinBox Sets/Spec. Eds.
Dawson's Creek Season 1

:shock:

MacGuffin

Quote from: Myxomatosis
Dawson's Creek Season 1

Those were the seasons when I felt I was watching my life played out on screen every week; from Dawson's wanting to be a filmmaker and his love of Spielberg to Joey's affection to her best friend. When Kevin Williamson was involved, it was a great show.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: Myxomatosis
Dawson's Creek Season 1

Those were the seasons when I felt I was watching my life played out on screen every week; from Dawson's wanting to be a filmmaker and his love of Spielberg to Joey's affection to her best friend. When Kevin Williamson was involved, it was a great show.

Thats cool. I understand. I have a thing for "The Wonder Years" myself. I was totally infatuated with Winnie.

Those were the days.. Hehe..

NEON MERCURY

Army Of Darkness (Limited 2 disc)

YO!!!... mac......just wondering,

.....is this the boomstcick???....if not whats the difference?