School Project

Started by Recce, October 29, 2003, 09:40:53 PM

Recce

Quote from: WitkacyRoy is in Denver not California.... As far as the Hallis thing.... we go way back and I've gone through alot with many of the 'profs' in Montreal.  If you're not the pet you don't get the support.   I left film school and was able to make many films on NFB grants.  I made my own mistakes but at least I had some funding and real support from my filmmaking friends.

Yeah, I don't think Hallis liked me or Cecil very much. Or our films.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

Witkacy

At Concordia or Abbott?  Good teachers make all the difference.

Recce

Hallis was our film teacher at John Abbott. I'm at Concordia now, though.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men

ono

It sounds very Lynchian, definitely, and Lynch himself would tell you that naming what went on makes it lose all its power.  Write the backstory, but don't reveal too much in the film at all.

SHAFTR

you are also doing something for a school project, meaning it is graded, so you should listen to what your prof says.

You can always have 2 cuts of the film (one for the class and one for yourself)
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Cecil

yeah, just call your film "title is here: director's cut" and "title is here: compromised kiss-ass goody-goody im not an artist i want a good grade full screen censored cut"

SHAFTR

Quote from: Cecilyeah, just call your film "title is here: director's cut" and "title is here: compromised kiss-ass goody-goody im not an artist i want a good grade full screen censored cut"

Call one title is here: director's  cut, poor grade
call the other title is here: good grade, better chance at scholarship and less money spent, more money used for next project
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Cecil

i wear my poor grades like badges of honor

who needs money to make films anyway?

Recce

Yeah, I'll probly do that with the directors cut. But it kinda sucks, cause i have to present it in class. I would like to present the one where I maintain my artistic integrity.