Mitch Hedberg just died - Appreciation Thread

Started by Gamblour., March 31, 2005, 12:55:38 PM

Gamblour.

Yeah, redirect this to Who's Gonna Croak Next and the best stand up comedian thread. But this really sucks: http://www.comedycentral.com/standup/central/detail.jhtml?p=/comedians/h/mitch_hedberg.xml

Mitch Hedberg was such a funny comedian. I loved his absurd one liners so much, shit my friends and I could hold entire conversations using Mitch Hedberg jokes. And strangely, he's the only famous person I've ever met. I met him after a show at Georgia Tech. I just happened to be walking home by his hotel, and he gets out of a cab. I made him laugh, which made my day.

Anyhow, I'm really upset by this. I guess I'm glad he left some funny fucking jokes behind.
WWPTAD?

jtm

yeah i heard about it this morning on the Howard Stern show,  apparently it was a drug overdose.... he was one of my fav new comics. its a real bummer.

"I bought a donut and the guy gave me a receipt for the donut. I don't need a receipt for the donut, I give you the money, you give me the donut, end of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this. I can not imagine the scenerio where I would have to prove that I bought a donut. Some skeptical friend. Don't even act like I didn't get that donut. I got the documentation right here."

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Is he seriously dead?  I'm still half-doubting because it's so close to April Fool's.

EDIT: Comedy Central, MTV, various message boards...  It's kinda funny to me that his official site says it was last updated 3/31/05 and has a link right next to it saying Mitch on Stern, and when you click the link it says he's died.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Gamblour.

I wish it was just a joke. I wonder what great one-liner he would come up with afterwards.
WWPTAD?

Pubrick

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarI wonder what great one-liner he would come up with afterwards.
"JUST KIDDING YOU GUYSS  :-D "

yeah so what drug(s)?
under the paving stones.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

I've read heroin on a few pages... let's see if I can find links.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick