Let the flaming begin

Started by Weak2ndAct, May 01, 2003, 01:29:37 AM

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: mogwai's
Quote from: FooColors in that scene rule. Love how the .99 sign is inbetween Sandler and Dave's head. Really funny how he keeps looking up and saying $.99. Like the shot in the deleted scene when the focus goes from Dave... To Nate... To Jim.
The deleted extended scene should've been in the movie. There's some great acting by Adam Sandler who tries to chit chat with the guy closest to the camera, Jim, I presume. Very funny stuff and I guess there was different dialogue as well, if I remember.

I agree.  They really should have kept that in...I thought the moment was so Barry, and it just highlighted his passive/aggressive stance to life...I mean, he should have just ripped into the guys, but he was trying to diffuse the situation with pleasentries as he does throughout the film.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

bonanzataz

i love that part on the second dvd, but i don't think it works within the movie. the brothers just start to beat him up for no reason, it just seems to happen and it doesn't have a flow. the way it is now flows. the whole movie flows now and while i liked all the deleted stuff on the dvd, i think everything is better in the movie.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: bonanzatazi love that part on the second dvd, but i don't think it works within the movie. the brothers just start to beat him up for no reason, it just seems to happen and it doesn't have a flow. the way it is now flows. the whole movie flows now and while i liked all the deleted stuff on the dvd, i think everything is better in the movie.

To each his own.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

chainsmoking insomniac

No dude.  That's the flashlight/handheld lamp one of the brothers uses while they're chasing Barry down in the street.
Let's not get carried away...... :)
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Alethia

also notice on Georgia's TV, she is watching something about space travel, and on blossoms and blood so is lena.  maybe?

sphinx

i don't think the alien you are referring to is something separate from the brothers.  the light just before barry starts running again seems like something that's there to scare him even more, as if the brothers have the ability to shine this light in places that don't seem possible (i.e. from their car on a street while barry is running in an alley).

sphinx

Quote from: mogwaiBut the light that suddenly disappears after the brothers take Barry into their 4 wheel drive, what's that then?

i think it's part of the brothers.  it could be an alien, but i think that barry's abduction is being compared to an alien one, especially with the play of lights that the brothers have.  the spotlight that floats around bears a lot of resemblance to the kind of light the brothers hold, and while i'm not saying that both lights come from the same flashlight, it makes me suspect they both originate from the brothers

Alethia

no, it's when he calls from the warehouse

fulty

Something peculiar about the abduction.

2 brothers grab him,
1 closes the tail gate.
1 driving..... seems to take off immediately.
The 1 that closed the gate would be left behind.

He could be shining the light around, but can he fly too..?
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

Banky