animal collective

Started by JG, July 05, 2007, 09:06:49 AM

malkovich

So this is a really awful cover. To the point where I kind of love its terribleness. But they wouldn't just slap something together trying to make a deadline or something. This has to be an artistic choice. It'll probably make more sense when the album's released.

malkovich

thoughts on the new single? i'm loving it, personally. Avey brings back a lot of the weird abrasiveness that they departed from on MPP. It definitely recalls strawberry jam more than anything, which is a really, really great thing.

Jeremy Blackman

The music is really good. I especially like that accordion or organ run.

But the vocals are abysmal. If it's meant to be grating, mission accomplished. I'm just not feeling the payoff. All I can picture is the vocalist making weird faces and singing into his laptop mic. To paraphrase RK... well actually I'll just quote RK...

Quote from: RegularKarate on November 07, 2011, 03:30:08 PMsounds like a stoner just discovered garageband

malkovich

http://radio.myanimalhome.net/

the new album streaming! i've been listening to this non-stop the last few days. i'd be lying if i said i didn't feel underwhelmed after the first listen. but the production on this is reallllllly dense and weird, and it's definitely not done any favors by the serious compression for the stream. it's a grower. i really love it, though. these are a great collection of songs that i'm sure will sound even better once they have the proper audio quality to back them up :)

mogwai

Their previous album is a masterpiece. The new one is almost unlistenable. Wtf happened?

Stefen

They brought Deakin back, the worst thing about their band. Probably kicked him out for sucking then had to bring him back because of a court order or something.

It's like PTA making CMBB and then after all the praise and accolades, going, "Guz, I have you in mind for my next one. Question -- Do you own a sailors getup??"
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: S.R. on November 11, 2012, 01:11:39 PM
They brought Deakin back, the worst thing about their band. Probably kicked him out for sucking then had to bring him back because of a court order or something.

It's like PTA making CMBB and then after all the praise and accolades, going, "Guz, I have you in mind for my next one. Question -- Do you own a sailors getup??"

Well, I have to see if I can agree with you since I haven't seen The Master yet. But I googled some info about the recent album and that Deakin dude should've stayed away.

JG

what don't you like about the album?

Robyn

mogwai

Quote from: JG on November 11, 2012, 07:32:48 PM
what don't you like about the album?

I think I have to back my earlier comment about the new record. First of all, I have the album on Spotify so I have no reason to complain, yeah? Second, I have of course listened to it more now and it's not bad at all. And it's not as accessible as their previous record. But I know it will grow on me. And I think they didn't want to do a MPP part 2.

Robyn

cronopio2

it's not bad, but not a favorite.

the sampling of wipeout makes me think my spotify fucked up the song