The Sopranos

Started by SoNowThen, November 19, 2003, 02:34:59 PM

©brad

Quote from: 72teeth on June 04, 2007, 01:18:52 AM
How the fuck are they gonna end this all in ONE hour!? Come On!

yeah that's what i originally thought but at the same time it's more exciting for the war to happen over the course of 2 episodes as opposed to say, 7. i really don't see how the big trail/prison ending can happen now. they can't do that in a single episode... right? however i can't see the show ending w/o paying off all the work the feds have done to date trying to nail tony.

some randoms thoughts/questions/wtfs:
- couple ppl i saw it with are convinced that paulie is actually working for phil now, and he's going to be the one to take tony down. i don't buy it tho, b/c paulie was convinced he killed phil earlier.

- in the cartoon aj watches in the hospital, a bomb falls to the ground and kills everyone. they've been hinting at a terrorist attack for some time now. and did you guys see the light that hit everyone's faces in the thankfully brief trailer? sure looked like an explosion to me!

- i didn't like melfi's dismissal of tony. after 7 years, all of a sudden she decides to end it b/c of this one study?

- what about that raging bull moment in the restaurant, when tony and sil are pretend boxing in slo-mo and laughing? i just took it as bizarre sopranos comic relief.

i'm going to watch it again tonight.

Kal

people talk a lot of bs... i dont buy it but who knows... i heard that about paulie, and also that sil is the snitch. they said he is not dead and he was the one that had to warn everyone and instead set them up, and thats is why they dont release info at the hospital because he is actually alive.

i hated that scene with sil because everyone is alert and knows whats happening, especially him. why the fuck did he leave the bing without a shotgun in his HAND... he had it in the bag in the back seat...

melfi has been struggling with tony for the 7 years... and its not the first time therapy IS OVER and then its not... so we'll see what happens in the final ep.

i think we need to see a resolution with the fbi stuff and of course agent harris... he's been in satriales and showing up every other episode... so either something related to terrorism or he is still after tony and we'll see what happens with that...

diggler

i honestly think agent harris and the FBI/terrorism subplot is just a reflection of the war on terror and how it really doesn't affect our daily lives. They hint at paranoia over the course of the whole season but it never comes to fruition. kind of an obvious statement, but i think it would be the only valid reason to include such a subplot in the first place. 

Besides, Agent Harris's presence was already justified in his decision to warn Tony of Phil's hit.

...gonna miss this show
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Fernando

Quote from: kal on June 04, 2007, 10:11:21 AM
people talk a lot of bs... i dont buy it but who knows... i heard that about paulie, and also that sil is the snitch. they said he is not dead and he was the one that had to warn everyone and instead set them up, and thats is why they dont release info at the hospital because he is actually alive.

About Paulie, I don't think so but who knows, the other rumors are just pretty dumb, Sil unfortunately is as good as death IMO.

i hated that scene with sil because everyone is alert and knows whats happening, especially him. why the fuck did he leave the bing without a shotgun in his HAND... he had it in the bag in the back seat...

Yeah wtf was that?! Why the hell do they even go to the Bing if there is a target on them? Can't they send somebody? Fuck! I liked Sil, I even thought he was the one that would end up alive  :yabbse-sad:, he never really messed with NY. And about Bobby's, even without knowing what A. Harris told T, they must know something was up from the moment Phil sent Tony and Carmine to Jersey.

Also, I get NY has more power but they can take them out that easily? Although right now it seems Jersey has no muscle at all.

melfi has been struggling with tony for the 7 years... and its not the first time therapy IS OVER and then its not... so we'll see what happens in the final ep.

Agree, didn't like this either, I wonder if we are gonna see something else about her.

i think we need to see a resolution with the fbi stuff and of course agent harris... he's been in satriales and showing up every other episode... so either something related to terrorism or he is still after tony and we'll see what happens with that...

Agent Harris once said to Tony he didn't care for Phil, he did something to a woman cop, so even if he was once after Tony he rather have T taking out Phil than the opposite.

Final ep. will be fucking brutal.

Pubrick

Quote from: Fernando on June 05, 2007, 12:18:28 PM
Final ep. will be fucking brutal.

all i ask is that no one spoils it in their avatar.

(this is another thread i've been reading without actually reading)
under the paving stones.

Kal

Hey P, how much delay do you usually have in Australia with TV shows?

Pubrick

for american shows, anywhere from one day (talk shows such as conan, leno, the view, etc), to 6 months (Lost, but we didn't hav to wait all those months you had after the first chunk so i'll be caught up soon), to like 2 years (Six Feet Under, it pretty much went straight to dvd).
under the paving stones.

Kal

That kinda sucks... dont you like downloading the shows when they become available?

Most of my friends from Argentina or Mexico download them on iTunes or Torrets because the delay is more or less like that. HBO is always like a year or more late, and they also dont have all the shows. And then most of the ABC, NBC, CBS series are 2-3 months delayed.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

©brad

Ghostboy

I've only seen a handful of scenes from the entire series, here and there over the past few years, so I really didn't know what was going on, plotwise, in this last episode. But I wanted to see it just for the heck of it. That was a pretty swell ending. It spells out the inevitable conclusion without hitting it home. I kinda guessed that's how it would go out, stylistically, because how else do you end something so massive?

diggler

well thats that.

i was in a room with about 10 other people, and they are all so pissed right now. personally i thought it was very fitting. can't even talk about it anymore as i just argued with a bunch of people who hated it, but i guess that's the essence of the show.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

grand theft sparrow

SPOILERS

I'm a very casual watcher of the show, never seen more than maybe 10-15 episodes of the show over the 6 seasons.  But even I know that this was the most contempt any popular entertainment in history has ever shown its audience.  I'm not pissed because I was never invested in the show but I couldn't care less about watching from the beginning now. 

A friend of mine just called and said that the idea is that Tony was killed by the guy who went into the bathroom and the last thing he saw was Meadow walking into the diner. 

The fun will start when the anti-snobbery snobbery starts and people start trying to defend the episode.

bonanzataz

SPOILERS

i was unsure at first, but after mulling it over for ten minutes i absolutely loved it. what a great way to end the show. as soon as tony started playing that song on the jukebox, i knew the whole family was gonna get together and they'd eat together and it'd all be over. of course, they had to make it so tense that you thought that EVERYBODY that walked into that diner was gonna kill tony, but it HAD to end that way. LIFE GOES ON! tony stayed in control while (in a sense) reaching closure with his uncle (a point that i was hoping would be addressed before the series ended, so i'm happy), meadow's happy with the decisions she's making with her career, carmela is doing her real estate shit, and how quickly AJ's depression goes away when his family buys him a new bmw and gets him a cool job (consumerism has always had a very strong presence in the show). everybody just moved on from tony almost about to die instantly. all the craziness, all the death threats, the depression, gone, b/c life goes on. who can worry about terrorism and cancer and all that shit when one just has to go on. it was unlike the six feet under series finale, whose message was everything ends, in that here, the future is wide open yet constricted. the family has every opportunity open to them b/c of their money and their power, and even though death and horrors loom large right around every corner, they can just turn the blind eye and keep moving.

neat stuff.

Quote from: sparrowhoff on June 10, 2007, 09:24:42 PM
A friend of mine just called and said that the idea is that Tony was killed by the guy who went into the bathroom and the last thing he saw was Meadow walking into the diner. 

that just doesn't jive with me. at all. if tony were dead, they'd let you know.

and, also, sparrowhoff, you said this was contemptuous towards its audience, which is also way out of line. the sopranos, as well liked by douchebags as it is, has always challenged its audience. david chase and co. rarely take the easy road to get to the answers the audience is waiting for. everybody should've been expecting something like this. i love the way the writers subvert expectations.

EDIT: that john from cincinnati show is AWFUL! it was pretty stupid to air that right after the last episode of the sopranos. who the fuck is supposed to pay attention/care about something as insignificant as some stupid show about aging heroin addict surfers? (although brilliant casting with luke perry opening up the show. that gave me a good chuckle).

DOUBLE EDIT: i'm in my room blasting "don't stop believin'" like 5 hours after the episode finished, unable to get it out of my head, and i'm amazed that only FIVE people here have made comments about the finale, two of which have only seen a small fraction of the episodes. yall'z ridiculous.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

john

Spoilers

This was my presumption on how it would end from the beginning of this season. Not to the point that I'd put money on it, because with The Sopranos, you never know... even there at the end, it was so fucking tense. I just wanted it to end, any second because I wanted to leave it right there... with the family... problems and all. Kind of a bitter happy ending... but just leave me with the characters I fucking love to hate to love to watch.

Then it cut to black and I was jumping up and down. I fucking loved it. Perfect way to end that show... one of the finest on television ever.

Saw it in a room with about seven others, all of which seemed to dig it as well.

No need to defend this... or justify this... it was great.

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.