Films showing on TV.....

Started by Gold Trumpet, March 03, 2010, 05:56:26 AM

Reel

a pleasant surprise- I wake up this morning and Magnolia is showing on FX. I've never seen it shown on cable tv before. Granted, I won't get to watch the whole thing ( like I'd want to with editing and commercial breaks, psssshh ) but I've been thinking about this movie a lot lately since it was brought up in discussion again, I really have a lot of respect for it. Great start of the day!

Gold Trumpet

Monday morning, 4am on TCM, How I Won the War is showing. One of my favorite comedies and relatively forgotten by today's measure of classic 1960s filmmaking.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Gold Trumpet on January 16, 2011, 01:58:57 AM
Monday morning, 4am on TCM, How I Won the War is showing. One of my favorite comedies and relatively forgotten by today's measure of classic 1960s filmmaking.

Just now seeing this. I have wondered about that film for some time. Unfortunately, it looks like it is not playing again anytime soon.

"An English army had just won the war..." (I think that's the line)
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

polkablues

If anyone here gets the Chiller network as part of their cable package, G.P.S., an independent thriller I co-wrote, is playing on it this Saturday the 9th and the following Sunday the 17th.  Check your listings for showtimes (it's playing at least twice on the 9th and I think only once on the 17th).  So if you're bored over the weekend, and ideally three or four drinks into it, it's a fun flick and you should watch it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reel

I'll watch it! Sounds stellar..

polkablues

Please do! I don't want to sound like I'm not proud of it, but I don't want to oversell it either. It's an entertaining movie that is right in its element on cable on a Saturday afternoon.

I also have three cameos in the film: once as a boom operator during a news broadcast early in the movie, once as a dead body stand-in, and once as a stunt-crotch when a character gets kneed in the balls during a fight scene.

Reel

^^ I'm sorry Polka, I never watched it. I don't want you to think I saw it and kept my thoughts to myself because it was sooooo bad. I was just offering my support for a pretty cool achievement ( getting a film you helped make on Tv)  and I will try to find G.P.S in the near future ( If it takes awhile to get back to you, that isn't a snub either.)

So anyway, I turn on the TV and The Shining is on FX. I usually don't like to watch 'the greats' on cable because of the editing and shitty reception, but I figured I'd just keep it on as background noise while I ate my dinner. Then, almost as if the god willed it himself ( happy belated, BTW ) my sister ( 15 ) busts into my room all excited, like "Look what I got!" She was holding a Shining Dvd. I'd been putting off buying it forever because if I did I might never leave the house. She's been obsessing about seeing this movie again for months. She's caught the Kubrick bug, I'm so proud of her  :cry:

Jeremy Blackman

Is there still a way to see Chiller?

Reel

I have it on Time Warner, and I think it's great! They've shown Twin Peaks, Tales from the Crypt, House of The Devil, and The Woman. Which is more than I can say for other networks, my only gripe with it is, as I stated above, the editing and commercials. It saved me on a lot of rainy afternoons but I just don't have the time to watch TV like that anymore. If I got a movie on there, I'd be jumping for joy! anyone seen G.P.S?

polkablues

Quote from: Reelist on July 27, 2012, 08:09:59 PM
anyone seen G.P.S?

You can get the DVD on Netflix.  No Instant yet, for reasons that I'm not privy to.  I feel like if it was on Instant, people would actually watch it.

Jeremy Blackman

Is it the one from 2007? Actually that's the only "G.P.S." on Netflix, so I answered my own question.

polkablues

Yeah, it was released as "GPS: The Movie" which has always annoyed me.  So people don't confuse it with "GPS: The Breakfast Cereal," I suppose.

Reel

Kurosawa marathon on TCM all day.

Toshiro Mifune Marathon starts at 8:00 pm ( eastern )

Schedule

I'm not even gonna have to use the clicker today!

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: Reelist on August 09, 2012, 11:35:44 AM
Kurosawa marathon on TCM all day.

Toshiro Mifune Marathon starts at 8:00 pm ( eastern )

Schedule

I'm not even gonna have to use the clicker today!

Shit, I wanna watch that. Does anyone know a way to watch TCM online?...
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.