how does a director get a forum

Started by lei, May 25, 2004, 10:56:08 PM

lei

if anyone should have their own chair it's this director. How can David Fincher have his own chair and not  Woody Allen? This is Blasphemy.

ono

We've been down that road before, believe you me.  I'd be inclined to agree with Fincher -- his work is in the weaker of the bunch.  He's not really an auteur, but more of a music video type director who is actually capable of telling a story.  Shocker, I know, in this day and age, so for that he is commended.  But if you ask me, Cameron Crowe is the real weak link.  Reasons why he is included, and all our other debatings and such are found here:

http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3&highlight=directors+add

Welcome, and remember, the Search function is your friend.

NEON MERCURY

they have to direct a good film

modage

Quote from: leiif anyone should have their own chair it's this director. How can David Fincher have his own chair and not  Woody Allen? This is Blasphemy.
basically its who gets talked about the most.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

they need to email us asking to be on it.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Pubrick

most were there when the place was born. a few got removed. and then we stopped taking suggestions cos it never was the official list of best directors, just who would get the most news/most future shit to talk about, with the exception of Kubrick cos he is Kubrick.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: leiif anyone should have their own chair it's this director. How can David Fincher have his own chair and not  Woody Allen? This is Blasphemy.
basically its who gets talked about the most.
Exhibited exquisitely by all the sex, lies, and very few topics (TM) going on in Soderbergh's forum, eh?  Though recently I guess Crowe's forum has been even more vacant.  Funny how Kubrick's corpse has -- and probably will always -- draw more traffic than those.

MacGuffin

Thank you for in the two posts you've contributed telling us what is wrong with our site.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin

Thank you for in the two posts you've contributed telling us what is wrong with our site.

LOL

Yes, we are a bunch of misogynistic Fincher lovers.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: DonamatopoeiaBut if you ask me, Cameron Crowe is the real weak link.

you lucky PROG hardly ventures out to the other forums...he might resent that remark..............scandalouS........  :nono:

Pubrick

Quote from: DonamatopoeiaBut if you ask me, Cameron Crowe is the real weak link.
as has been explained a million times before, we hav that forum cos www.theuncool.com has a link to us.
under the paving stones.

ono

Quote from: Pubrick
as has been explained a million times before, we hav that forum cos www.theuncool.com has a link to us.
And I took note of that the first time it was explained to me, hence why I linked to that thread in the first place.  Or the other one -- I know one of those two has that explanation.

rustinglass

Quote from: Pubrick

And why does it say "xixax awards 2004" so fast that it is hard to read.Can't they have one of our top right banners?
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: rustinglassAnd why does it say "xixax awards 2004" so fast that it is hard to read. Can't they have one of our top right banners?
I'm not sure why Mike still has my strobe banner over there. The poor Crowe fans. :yabbse-shocked:

I should email him to see if we can do something else.

Wow. I just realized it's still on ptanderson.com. This must be fixed.

soixante

I think Crowe is the weak link, he could be replaced by Woody Allen, Robert Altman or Jean-Luc Godard.  All three are highly prolific, so there is a lot to discuss about their work.  There is also the issue of longevity -- all three directors started in the 60's, and continue to make films today.  Or what about Richard Linklater?  He's ten times better than Crowe.  Dazed and Confused is a much more realistic look at high school than Fast Times or Say Anything.
Music is your best entertainment value.