I'm new here

Started by The Disco Kid, February 05, 2004, 05:39:09 AM

The Disco Kid

Just thought I would sorta introduce myself. I just discovered this place and Im very impressed with its members' passion and movie knowledge. Its nice to finally find a movie board that maintains this level of civility and intelligent discussion. Im really looking forward to participating on the board. Thanks

context, context, context.

Sleepless

Quote from: The Disco KidIts nice to finally find a movie board that maintains this level of civility and intelligent discussion.

Are you in for a surprise...
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

SoNowThen

Quote from: Sleepless
Quote from: The Disco KidIts nice to finally find a movie board that maintains this level of civility and intelligent discussion.

:lol:  so true....

Anyway, welcome!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

TheVoiceOfNick

Welcome, but don't expect a bed of roses here... Xixax is like the gritty streets of New York... survival of the fittest with a chance to climb the ranks. Every man for himself... In no other place though, will you find this mix of movie buffs to delight your film curiousity.

edison

cowboykurtis

im known around here as "the one and only" -- remember that and you'll be ok.
...your excuses are your own...

molly

Quote from: Sleepless

i knew it somebody will comment this...
Wellcome!

ono

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickWelcome, but don't expect a bed of roses here... Xixax is like the gritty streets of New York... survival of the fittest with a chance to climb the ranks. Every man for himself... In no other place though, will you find this mix of movie buffs to delight your film curiousity.
That about sums it up.  It's a great place, it is.  Welcome.

molly

Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickIn no other place though, will you find this mix of movie buffs to delight your film curiousity.

....when we talk about the movies :yabbse-wink:

Quote from: Onomatopoeia
Quote from: TheVoiceOfNickWelcome, but don't expect a bed of roses here... Xixax is like the gritty streets of New York... survival of the fittest with a chance to climb the ranks. Every man for himself... In no other place though, will you find this mix of movie buffs to delight your film curiousity.
That about sums it up.  It's a great place, it is.  Welcome.

agreed. that should be xixax's tagline . what about a flash introduction with a supercool presentation of all those words?

:lol:
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

to fit in you must:

1.0 make a poll
2.0 start a thread on your top 10 films ever
3.0 in the pta forum...you must start a thread why pta is so kwell
4.0 get redirected by your 10th post
5.0 start a thread in idle chatter..about your favorite trype of hot sauce
6.0 create three diferent usernames
7.0 at all times praise david lynch for mainting creative order in film(i.e. he's the fulcrum)
8.0 double post twice a week
9.0 if you see a thread titled "the most popular thread not about donnie darko....etc".then resurrect it and add to it
10 in your sig , use a guote from mars attack
11 welcome.....and enjoy yourself
12 don't do anything in steps numbered 1-10....but #7 is mandatory

~bitch'n

molly

SHAFTR

greetings, before long you'll be addicted.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"