Royal Tenenbaums DVD, the Peter Bradley Show

Started by Pas, May 20, 2003, 01:37:26 PM

Pas

Is The Peter Bradley Show feature on the Tenenbaum DVD a true thing or a really good joke ? Sorry if that has been adressed before.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pas

Royal Tenenbaum

It seems like they were making fun of Charlie Rose, who, when Wes was on his show, said that in Rushmore Max "tries to get his face on Mnt. Rushmore."

Holden Pike

Yes, of course, obviously making fun of Charlie Rose, even down to the bit where Rose insisted to Wes that his first feature was called Bottle Rockets and not Bottle Rocket.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

Duck Sauce

USTopGun47

My god that was halerious!  I love the part where the guy says, well let me begin with 2 parts.  First, I was touring with this Tibetan rock group and all of the sudden before he even finishes and adresses the question he just CUTS him off and never asks him anything else again.  Friggin halerious!
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.