Manuel Bartual (& other ARGz/Interactive Fiction)

Started by WorldForgot, August 27, 2017, 05:29:54 AM

WorldForgot

It is the witching hour on the West Coast, and I've just caught up with the latest in interactive Spanish Micro-Fiction. It seems that in the last week Spanish comic book artist, director, and graphic designer Manuel Bartual has entered the twilight zone and documented it for us.

The OG Tweetz:
https://twitter.com/ManuelBartual/status/899719483752935426
Storyline B, from an ALTERNATE account:
https://twitter.com/ManuelBartual_1

compilaciĆ³n

And English translation for ambos, err, I mean, both.
OG:
https://twitter.com/suppuuri/status/901224848353091584
ALT:
https://twitter.com/ecIipsechaser/status/901714659207778304

Apologies for not compiling them into a more Forum Friendly sequence. Perhaps a website will be set up to track this narrative. I'm not convinced it's finished. Until Xixax has had a change to read the yarn, I'll hold off from spoiling plot. It reads like MARBLE HORNETS meets Borges. Or some creepypasta thriller translated into the time-stamped medium of twitterposts.

If there are further developments I will update this main post. Being bilingual, I stumbled upon the original thread and read it without knowing how much was fiction and how much was truth. It gave me a thrill. Maybe I'm still not sure, which is which. Something like when Cloverfield's ARG was initially unfurling, or when I first read The Garden of Forking Paths. You can arrive at conclusions, and even spot some of the artifice, but the construction is taut enough to keep you reading, anxious all the while.

8/29 Edit: This wrapped itself up nicely. Manuel felt he had maybe worried some people and clarified on his Twitter that he was on vacation with his wife and son, not in danger to his doppelganger. I was hoping he'd play up the mystique, but doing the opposite opens up his account to an interactive fiction that is even more involved. As with all things: Only time will tell.

MICROFICTION MASTERLIST

9/1 Edit: A haunted house story with illustrations
    10/14 Edit: The 2nd Chapter

9/30 Edit: Sci-Fi Microfiction Musings

10/6 Edit: Dystopian Transmission, Each tweet its own.

WorldForgot

Ted, the Caver
sort of a proto-MarbleHornets diary-discovery piece, or BenDrowned reminiscent "creepypasta".

Haven't read this in over a decade but glad to have found it once more.

QuoteDue to the overwhelming number of requests I have received to tell about my discoveries and bizarre experiences in a cave not far from my home, I have created this web page. I will outline the events that happened to me during the past few months. Beginning with my journey into a familiar cave in December 2000 and ending... well, it hasn't actually ended yet. I will use my caving journal as the text to tell about my recent experience. I will give them to you as I experienced them, in chronological order.

I have included photographs that were taken during my many trips into the cave. I have also created a few illustrations to help the reader get a better idea of what things looked like in the cave. All of the photo's were taken by me, or one of the few people I went into the cave with.

I want to point out a few things before I tell about the events:

1- Most of the pictures were taken with a Kodak disposable type camera. I took a better camera into the cave on one or two of the trips. Pictures on this site are all original photos and have not been messed with or enhanced, other than where noted. As a rule I get my pictures put onto disc at the time of developing so I don't have to scan them later. This ensures the best digital quality.

2- I will not reveal the names of the other people involved in this experience. If you know me well enough, you probably know them already.

3- I will NOT reveal the location of the cave to ANYONE for ANY REASON! So please don't ask! I refuse to be held accountable for anyone's life but my own. I will refer to the cave as Mystery Cave. That is NOT its real name.

If you think these events sound far-fetched, I agree. I would come to the same conclusion had I not experienced them.