IN A GLASS CAGE (disturbing film but so much more)

Started by R_Y_A_N, September 15, 2003, 07:24:07 AM

MacGuffin

Quote from: godardianOr more deadly humourless, depending on whom you ask!  :-D

Yeah, sorry, that was my attempt at a welcome that backfired. Guess the joke went over my head.

Everyone else gets obvious jokes and smilies in return. I get a reaming biography rant.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

godardian

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: godardianOr more deadly humourless, depending on whom you ask!  :-D

Yeah, sorry, that was my attempt at a welcome that backfired. Guess the joke went over my head.

Everyone else gets obvious jokes and smilies in return. I get a reaming biography rant.

Oh, MacGuffin, you KNOW you're everyone's favorite! You're like the big brother of this entire board (not the Orwellian kind, but the guidance-giving, slightly intimidating, extremely knowledgeable kind).

I really apologize if I came off rude or snippy; I really didn't mean to.  :) And I know I can be a humourless wet blanket at times, for real, so nobody can be blamed for assuming I'm being that way, even if I intend it as a joke. I unequivocally consider you a benificent presence here. I am like the dour little brother with a penchant for drama, stomping upstairs and slamming the bedroom door. We all have our role to play in the Xixax family!!  :lol:  Seriously, please- good feelings. I'll try to do what I can to foster them.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Fernando

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: MacGuffinI just want to thank godardian for replacing that ugly Odd Job avatar for this much better Ricky Ricardo one.

Hey, if you tore through your short(ened) life by regularly cranking out four brilliant films a year, ruining your actors' lives, getting dangerously high and being a sexual omnivore, you'd look pretty bad, too! Any of us would! Cut the guy a break!

Who was the guy in your previous avatar?

Welcome BTW.

godardian

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: godardian
Quote from: MacGuffinI just want to thank godardian for replacing that ugly Odd Job avatar for this much better Ricky Ricardo one.

Hey, if you tore through your short(ened) life by regularly cranking out four brilliant films a year, ruining your actors' lives, getting dangerously high and being a sexual omnivore, you'd look pretty bad, too! Any of us would! Cut the guy a break!

Who was the guy in your previous avatar?

Welcome BTW.

Thanks- thanks for all your welcomes- and my old avatar was a particularly excruciating photograph of the blazing genius Fassbinder.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

ShanghaiOrange

Fassbinderian doesn't have a nice ring to it. :(

Fassbinderesque. YEAH! :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

godardian

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange
Fassbinderesque. YEAH! :(

...it's as close as he gets to smiling.