Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

noyes

totally.. cheap jacks is crazy expensive. for the most part, which is basically the whole part.
south america's my name.

Stefen

Anyone who goes out of their way to buy clothes is cheap. I got used clothes, but they were only used by me. I wear them all the time. I'm not gonna spend $30 on a t-shirt cause it has a frickin rainbow and says "gnarly" I'll buy a tshirt from target and make my own gayass rainbow. Shit man, kids these days.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Reinhold

one of the girls behind the counter in cheap jacks across from virgin totally looks like rosie the riveter. does she count as somebody famous i've met?

in another mundane almost-, i checked books out to steven soderberg (intentionally no h) today at the library. he's in his 60's, was wearing a straw hat, and hates movies. i can't tell you what he did get cause it's against the confidentiality rules.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Bethie

He took the book into the bathroom with him.
who likes movies anyway

GoneSavage

John Reis -- my only famous friend (member of Rocket from the Crypt, Hot Snakes, Sultans)
Billy Corgan, D'arcy, James Iha
Scott Lucas, Joe Daniels, Brian St. Clair (from Local H, not famous to any of you)
guy from Semisonic (was famous when I met him)
Nash Kato (Urge Overkill)
Jello Biafra
Chuck D
Kevin Smith
Dave Winfield
David Lapham (comic creator of Stray Bullets, writes Batman now)

and tons of band people who I think are famous but probably won't register here.

Ravi

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerin another mundane almost-, i checked books out to steven soderberg (intentionally no h) today at the library. he's in his 60's, was wearing a straw hat, and hates movies. i can't tell you what he did get cause it's against the confidentiality rules.

How did you know he hates movies?

Reinhold

Quote from: Ravi
Quote from: Reinhold Messnerin another mundane almost-, i checked books out to steven soderberg (intentionally no h) today at the library. he's in his 60's, was wearing a straw hat, and hates movies. i can't tell you what he did get cause it's against the confidentiality rules.

How did you know he hates movies?

i asked him if he knew who his name looked like. he rolled his eyes and said that he thought it was mildly amusing that people confuse him with a famous person, but it gets annoying cause it happens a lot. then he told me that he doesn't even like movies at all.

he isn't overly impressed with music videos either.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MagnoliaFan25

Has any one ever met a famous person that was mean?

picolas

my friend was traumatized by Meat Loaf when she was younger.

hedwig

i met fran lebowitz. and shook her hand. it was cold and soft.

Figure 8

I met John Waters when he came to a local record store because they were showing his films at a University.

modage

i just sat in front of Martha Plimpton as she laughed very loudly for Fred Armisen doing a Native American comedian bit at the UCB theatre.  Rob Cordrry was there too.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

i got to hang out with corn mo tonight. he played a show on campus.

i doubt that any of you recall me posting somewhere a long time ago about yelling at a concert and the guy getting pissed off at me. this is the same guy. he remembered me but thought it was funny.

http://www.cornmo.com

Stefen

Quote from: modagei just sat in front of Martha Plimpton as she laughed very loudly for Fred Armisen doing a Native American comedian bit at the UCB theatre.  Rob Cordrry was there too.

Did she look old? It always freaked me out how old she was. I think she was 40 in the goonies, and I figured she had died of old age...then I saw her 15 years later in 200 cigarettes playing a 20 something and my head exploded.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Slick Shoes

I saw a lot of celebrities yesterday

-chris kattan in best buy. he looked depressed.
-mr. belding. or, the guy who played mr. belding on saved by the bell. he was standing outside a swanky restaurant waiting for valet to bring his car around.
-jason schwartman in tower records.