Sitcoms

Started by TenseAndSober, March 31, 2003, 11:12:55 PM

TenseAndSober

I love Seinfeld.  That show always made me laugh.  Curb Your Enthusiasm is hilarious as well.  Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David....fucking genius.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

this may morph into a topic about seinfeld, but my two favorite episodes are the english patient and the butter shave

george pretending to be handycap just to get a private bathroom

ohh fucking lord is that funny, its sick , its fucked up , its so wrong yet ohh so funny . They took a comedy taboo and made it so funny that everybody had to laugh. Lots of so called " edgy " comedians try and pull off that kind of stuff and it comes across as :: yawns::

Pubrick

Curb Your Enthusiasm is a worthy successor.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

Seinfeld and The Simpsons [before the became a cartoon, if you get my drift]. That's it. Really, 'tis. It must be said that, ultimately, I hate television.

Favourite Seinfeld Episodes

01. The Alternate Side
02. The Muffin Tops
03. The Pick
04. The Trip
05. The Puerto Rican Day

Favourite Simpsons Episodes

01. Simpson And Delilah
02. Kill The Alligator And Run
03. Lemon Of Troy
04. Twenty Two Short Films About Springfield
05. Last Exit To Springfield
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletThe Simpsons [before the became a cartoon, if you get my drift].

Favourite Simpsons Episodes

02. Kill The Alligator And Run

u can't bag the shit days and then list one of the offenders as ur second fave episode. kill the alligator and run, season 11, is highly wack.

and for the record season 14 has returned to season 8 standards, so it's a huge improvement on the last few years.
under the paving stones.

The Silver Bullet

Something about Kill The Alligator really worked for me, much more so than the stuff in seasons twelve and thirteen. It seemed to me that it was much more insanely epic than most episodes. That said, I see your gripe with the choice.

We're not getting season fourteen here in Australia yet. We're currently getting crap like The Parent Rap. Ack. So very ackness.

I await season fourteen with great zeal.
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.

Pubrick

Quote from: The Silver BulletWe're not getting season fourteen here in Australia yet. We're currently getting crap like The Parent Rap. Ack. So very ackness.

I await season fourteen with great zeal.
dude, australia's up to the 9th episode of season 14, Strong Arms of the Ma. seven episodes behind the yanks. the new ones are on Wednesday on ch10. i dunno what ur watching.

didn't mean to shatter ur reality like that.. hope this helps.
under the paving stones.

©brad

Could the fellow simpsons aficionados help me out- was in the library the other day and I rememberd a couple of Homer's lines from two different episodes that sent me into a spontaneous laughing fit (wuz kinda embarassing, laughing loud in a quiet library for no apparent reason). Anyway, I can't remember what episodes these lines came from, it's driving me mad-

one was when homer, marge, bart and the rest of em are in the car and this huge dust cloud is coming towards them. Before Homer slams the gas petal he shouts "Eat my dust, dust!"

the other, all I remember is the family going to some amusement park in the beginning. then afterwards, when they were in the parking lot leaving, Homer was dancing all around, so excited about all the rides and stuff he did, and he was going on an on about what he and his friend we're doing, and then Marge says "Now now, you're over-excited. Let's get some beer in you and then it's off to bed" Homer replies "Woho! Beer! Bed! Beer! Bed!..." and dances off.

ahhh, meaningless posts are fun.

The Silver Bullet

Quotedude, australia's up to the 9th episode of season 14, Strong Arms of the Ma. seven episodes behind the yanks. the new ones are on Wednesday on ch10. i dunno what ur watching.

Yeah, I just realised after posting that they've been screening season fourteen back-to-back with season thirteen episodes. You're liking season fourteen?! They were in a reality television show and their house was dropped into a river via helicoptor! How can that even compare to season eight?
  • A hare.

Gold Trumpet

I usually hate most sitcoms and identify with the term when Roger Ebert calls a comedic movie bad, he may say it is too "sitcomish". I'm also with Oliver Stone in saying television has destroyed the quality of film these days, especially all the sitcoms. On that note, I really did like Seinfeld during its middle years when it seemed like no other show and really was riding high. Then it dropped into sitcom nightmare with very very over exaggerated plots. Simpsons is great, and still nothing wrong with it, but really has lot of its edge and wit in the last 5 seasons and seems to be running at a lower level. South Park, for me, is really the show to watch. It only gets better as it goes on and each week, I am completely surprised to how far the show can be pushed to. I have yet to be a regular viewer of Curb Your Enthusiasm to really given an opinion.

~rougerum

ShanghaiOrange

Newsradio was probably the best "sitcom" sitcom ever. Great ensemble cast.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Duck Sauce

I like the Simpsons, King of the Hill and Seinfeld, I used to be a fan of Friends............USED to be.

Ravi

The Simpsons has sucked horribly in the last few years.  It descended into scatological humor, grossout humor, pop culture references, and outrageousness for the sake of it.  The show used to be funny because it was a skewed version of reality, but now it is so far out that it isn't funny.  They've also been on a lot of random trips to foreign places (Brazil, Japan, Africa, etc.).  They used to have a few jabs at some of the hypocrisies of religion (not religion itself), now they make fun of Joe Millionaire and reality shows.  Who doesn't do that?  They also rely way too much on celebrities playing themselves.  The Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp episode was just a flimsy excuse to get some rock stars to do guest voices.  It has gotten to the point where I don't care if I miss an episode.  I watch out of habit and because I'm hoping the show will improve.  But it hasn't.  So far this season we've seen Marge getting breast implants and Marge becoming a bodybuilder.  This is the kind of show The Simpsons used to make fun of.

Friends isn't very funny these days either.  We have to sit through yet another spate of crappy family-oriented sitcoms like Lost at Home and The Pitts.  How clever, another sitcom family.  TV = toilet vision.  Everybody Loves Raymond and The Bernie Mac Show are the only sitcoms I enjoy.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Jeremy Blackmancan't bag the shit days

:shock:

Sleuth

Andy Richter Controls the Universe was fucking hilarious
I like to hug dogs