Kill Bill: Volume One

Started by Satcho9, January 19, 2003, 10:18:06 PM

Satcho9

I have read the script and I have to say I enjoyed it very much. But from what I hear, Quentin has changed the script around alot so hopefully I will be surprised. The trailer looks different from what I expected. But I can not wait to see the House of Blue Leaves scene and some others as well. I have a feeling the reaction to this is going to be very mixed. Somehow I dont feel critics will like this, yet the fans will get a kick.

BTW-Uma looked really good at the golden globes. Its probably the "intense" training.

jtm

I actually wasn't that crazy about the trailer,  looked like a John Woo movie or something.  I still have high hopes thought....after all, Pulp Fiction was the movie that made me look at film different.

MacGuffin

Quote from: jtmI actually wasn't that crazy about the trailer,  looked like a John Woo movie or something.

If it looked like a John Woo movie, Uma would have a gun in each hand and doves or pidgeons flying around in slow motion.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Satcho9

MacGuffin

Tarantino's ''Kill Bill'' blows deadlines, budget. The thriller, starring Uma Thurman, will miss this year's Cannes fest

Bill may have finally died on the 135th day of shooting of Quentin Tarantino's ''Kill Bill,'' but the thriller starring Uma Thurman as a trained assassin looking for revenge on her former colleagues -- which was supposed to have wrapped sometime in October -- still isn't finished. After Miramax gave the director a drop-dead completion date of Dec. 25, Tarantino scaled down a climactic beach fight between Thurman and David Carradine and wrapped principal photography. But with a grab bag of minor scenes and pickup shots left, the production -- which has already landed in Beijing, Tokyo, and swaths of Southern California -- will head down to Mexico for finishing touches in late January.

Needless to say, its once-planned debut at this May's Cannes film festival (where Tarantino famously took the world film community by storm with ''Pulp Fiction'') is now out of the question. ''When we started, like, going over, executives were saying 'Do we have a runaway train on our hands?''' says Tarantino. ''When I heard that, I got mad, because [the budget overruns] are just a bureaucratic curlicue. I'll worry when I get a call from Harvey Weinstein. And he called me in China after seeing the dailies and said, 'Quentin, just make your movie.'''

Even with the extended shoot, exotic locations, and staggering amount of film (the director has shot more than 700,000 feet), Tarantino says he's only $11 million over his $39 million budget. ''No one can believe it. They think we're lying,'' he says. ''Oliver Stone and Kathleen Kennedy [friends of the director of photography, Bob Richardson] were saying 'How?' My answer is, 'Well, try to make it for 39!'''
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

Quote from: MacGuffinTarantino scaled down a climactic beach fight between Thurman and David Carradine and wrapped principal photography.

That sucks, how much was it scaled down?

Satcho9

Where is that article from? Well, everytime we hear something new about this I grow more and more wary.

MacGuffin

Book is up for preorder @ Amazon:

Picture of Bill and The Bride.

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Wow, $39 mill is a rather modest budget these days.

Tarantino on the fight scenes in Kill Bill-

"Apparently there's one scene — which Tarantino explains thusly: "either it would be the greatest thing anyone's ever seen as far as this shit's concerned, or I would hit my head on the ceiling of my talent" — in which Uma Thurman's character hacks up a total of 76 attackers. The scene called for 100 gallons of fake blood. Tarantino also said, "I want it to be to kung fu fights what the Apocalypse Now 'Ride of the Valkyries' scene was to battle scenes." (Empire Online)

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cecil b. dementedthis article says that tarantino is 11 million over budget

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,406623%7E1%7E0%7Etarantinoskillbillblows,00.html

And heres to $11 million more....
Cant wait

xerxes

i know there was a thread about this on the old board, but is the script still online somewhere, and if so, where might i find it...

...some help mac

sphinx

http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~alexward/script.htm

remember that it's a very early draft, and there have been quite a few changes made.

xerxes

thanks for the help sphinx

sphinx

cheeeeeers

fun kill bill trivia:

During filming, the actors would often provide a "Hello, Sally!" take.  This involved the actor finishing his or her take, turning to face the camera, and yelling "Hello, Sally!".  Whether or not editor Sally Menke actually appreciates this has yet to be reported.

It's been rumored that Bill delivers a very traditional Tarantino style monologue about Superman at some point in the film.