TooL/A PERFECT CIRCLE

Started by NEON MERCURY, June 25, 2003, 10:17:49 PM

NEON MERCURY

i like tool

Sleuth

I think mine would have to be Tool - Lateralus.  The band really took a giant evolutionary leap forward with this, and I love every second of it.
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothI think mine would have to be Tool - Lateralus.  The band really took a giant evolutionary leap forward with this, and I love every second of it.

yeah good call..........not many fans of them on this board i guess?
man that album is KILLER

Sleuth

Yeah, it's like with that album they finally put their money where their mouth had been the whole time.  And it's a very positive album too
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

I love Tool, but I think Lateralus is a definate step down for the band.

I still think it's a great album, but it's like they're just doing what they feel is expected from them now.

Sleuth

I will knife fight you

Who really expected that from them?  I didn't.  To me, it's a brilliant work of art
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RegularKarateI love Tool, but I think Lateralus is a definate step down for the band.

I still think it's a great album, but it's like they're just doing what they feel is expected from them now.

:? in what way...   i am not a TooL know-it-all or anthing but they progressed in my opinion into better musicians  with music being more "Full" (i guess ?)  
for example take sober from their earlier days and compare/contrast that with the gudge from lateralus  - the later is much more full/powerful/thick/heavy/progressive in a good way  i think the songs now feel like a novel rather than a short story

Pedro

Lateralus is defenitely a more accomplished record.  I rank it with one of the best albums I own and one of the best albums released in the last 10 years.  Tool is an amazing band and I think their sound is fully realized in Lateralus.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pedro

Quote from: tremoloslothit came out in 2001
BAH! you know what i meant :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  
:cry:

Sleuth

Yes, you don't have to be embarrassed 4 times about it
I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

The Wall is a wonderful piece of work.

There's something about the way that Gilmour and Waters strum acoustic guitars... I dunno, I love it. Noel Gallagher said he learned to play by listening to this album over and over, and I can see the resemblance in the way he strums. And that, in turn is how I taught myself to play. Therefore I have always felt very comfortable listening to this album, despite the subject matter.

Mother and Nobody Home are my favs.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

polkablues

"Lateralus" is amazing, no doubt... but it's kinda like... PTA will never make a film I like better than "Magnolia", and Tool will never make an album I like better than "Aenima".  It's just not something that's possible.
My house, my rules, my coffee

NEON MERCURY

Anyone. getting the new APC..its out tomorrow..?

..has anyheard the single if there is one even out on radio??..if so whats it sound like

RegularKarate

It sounds like Perfect Circle... the entire album leaked, so I'm sure you can find it.

I dig the new song and a couple others I heard... I'm gonna hold of judgement until I hear the whole thing, but it sounds different enough to be worthy of a new album...

I'm just gonna restate the fact that Aenima is the best Tool album... been re-listening lately and it's just the ultimate peak for a band, really.  Lateralus is still a great album, but just doesn't do what Aenima did.

Aenima = Kid A = Too Dark Park = Sgt. Pepper = Pet Sounds = Dark Side of the Moon etc...