Why Wilson Bros, why ?!

Started by Pas, May 20, 2003, 11:55:49 AM

©brad

Stefen

I wasn't talking, I was typing. The ivy league education a father can get for his thankless spoiled son doesn't get you what it used to.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

yeah, lets all fucking talk celebrity gossip now.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pozer

f-in stefen... for pete's sake, stop talkyping.

tpfkabi

http://mattzollerseitz.blogspot.com/2007/08/sunbeam-in-abyss_28.html

it also has a link to a detailed article of how Bottle Rocket came about - i think i read it before and it's prob even linked somewhere in the bowels of Xixax, but it was nice to read (again perhaps).
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

72teeth

Quote from: Pubrick on August 30, 2007, 05:07:15 AM

oooo..... too soon...

and on that note, im surprised i haven't seen this yet:

Wilson Fails Suicide Attempt

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Stefen

I didn't want to laugh at P's "Do It" caption, but since I'm the asshole who doesn't know how to play croquet with my sailing buddies/chaps, fuck it right?

HAHAHAHAAH
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SoNowThen

It sounds all icky and tabloidy, but a friend of a friend who works in the industry has been telling me for a year that Wilson had a heroin problem and that his character in Tenenbaums is basically himself.

Shitty and unfortunate to believe, but then this whole thing didn't take me by as much surprise...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

tpfkabi

Quote from: SoNowThen on August 31, 2007, 12:15:16 AM
It sounds all icky and tabloidy, but a friend of a friend who works in the industry has been telling me for a year that Wilson had a heroin problem and that his character in Tenenbaums is basically himself.

Shitty and unfortunate to believe, but then this whole thing didn't take me by as much surprise...

since the time of the film or only recently? from what i've read Elliott Smith didn't do drugs until later in his career even though he'd mentioned them in his lyrics.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Director Says Owen Wilson Doing Better

Actor Owen Wilson, who was hospitalized Aug. 26 after an apparent suicide attempt, is doing well and even making colleagues laugh, the director of his latest film said Monday.

"Obviously he has been through a lot this week," said Wes Anderson, who directed Wilson in "The Darjeeling Limited," one of the films in competition for the Venice Film Festival's top award.

"I can tell you he has been doing very well, he has been making us laugh," Anderson told a news conference to promote the film.

"When he is ready he's going to speak for himself much better than any of us could," the director said, asking that the actor's privacy be respected.

Wilson and Anderson have worked together for over a decade, in pictures including "The Royal Tenenbaums." Wilson is also known for appearing in recent hits such as "Wedding Crashers."

The 38-year-old Wilson was taken by ambulance to a hospital after police responded to a call about a suicide attempt at his Santa Monica home. The day after he was hospitalized, he issued a statement asking for privacy so he could "receive care and heal."

In "Darjeeling," Wilson plays a distraught man bandaged throughout the film who other characters imply has attempted suicide.

Wilson plays one of three brothers who haven't said a word to each other in a year and who take a train journey across India in an attempt to find themselves and their relationship again.

Adrien Brody, who plays one of the brothers, described how it was to work with Wilson on the set.

"Owen has a tremendous sense of humor and he's very mischievous," Brody told the news conference. "I would say it was a brotherly thing."

The movie also stars Jason Schwartzman, Anjelica Huston and Bill Murray.

After being hospitalized, Wilson dropped out of the upcoming DreamWorks movie, "Tropic Thunder," which was already in production in Hawaii.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks