20 years from now... What will PTA be like....

Started by Duck Sauce, April 15, 2003, 01:32:53 PM

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

budgie

Quote from: Pin 20 years pta will be like.. old.

And so will u. Then you'll know just how sexy Guzman isn't.

Here's a little thing:

"Robert Altman vs. PTA:

For my money, Altman is the quintessential American director of the 1970s, creating in his movies a panorama of American society and its enduring myths, the latter enthusiastically punctured time and again in movies like The Long Goodbye, McCabe and Mrs Miller and Thieves Like Us. Chuffing spliffs endlessly on set, boozing it up, getting snitty with all of his writers and all of his producers, Altman seemed to be on some sort of career suicide mission, and the result was great, enduring art, a teeming, Breugelesque vision of the times, populated by his revolving repertory company and marked by his distinctive use of overlapping sound.

Paul Thomas Anderson is probably the most prodigiously gifted and joyful maker of pure cinema to emerge in the 1990s, with the possible exception of David Fincher, whose projects, except for Fight Club, lack Anderson's humanity and conviction. Anderson is half Scorsese, in love with technique and especially the mobile camera, and half Altman, dedicated to his superb regular actors like Philip Seymour Hoffman, John C. Reilly, Luis Guzman and Julianne Moore. Boogie Nights and Magnolia have the same sprawling casts and huge ambition as Altman movies like Short Cuts and Nashville and although he lacks Altman's penetrating cynicism and improvisatory genius, he inarguably has more heart and soul. Better soundtracks too." - John Patterson.

Same old comparison, but will heart and soul fare any better than penetrating cynicism? I don't think so. Which means eventually PTA will be adopted by the British Press and co-opted into the European film industry.

budgie

Quote from: budgie
Quote from: Pin 20 years pta will be like.. old.

And so will u. Then you'll know just how sexy Guzman isn't.

Sorry, P. I know you probly don't give a shit but that personal jibe was just bitchy and cheap and not even witty. I'm ashamed and strike it.  :yabbse-embarassed:

Ernie

Quotechuffing spliffs

What does that mean??? Smoking?

cowboykurtis

Quote from: ebeaman69
Quotechuffing spliffs

What does that mean??? Smoking?

only bad people smoke
...your excuses are your own...

Pubrick

Quote from: cowboykurtisWhat does that mean??? Smoking?

"Smokers are jokers!"
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Sigur Rós

phil marlowe

you know, 'sigur ros', there is something called an edit button.