Film Recommendations

Started by SHAFTR, February 11, 2003, 10:36:28 PM

rustinglass

One of the best comedies ever:

Black Cat, White Cat

I also recomend the other kusturica films, specially Underground.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

temple5150

Psycho (Anthony Perkins), 12 Angry Men (Jack Lemmon), Harry (Jimmy Stewart), Force 10 from Navarone (Harrison Ford), The Dirty Dozen (Lee Marvin), Kelly's Hero's (Clint Eastwood), The Big Red One (Lee Marvin), Planet of the Apes (Charlton Heston), Fistful of Dollars(Clint Eastwood),  A Few Dollars More (Clint Eastwood), The Good the Bad and the Ugly (Clint Eastwood), Dirty Harry (Clint Eastwood), Sudden Impact (Clint Eastwood), Tightrope (Clint Eastwood), Scarface (Al Pacino), The Godfather 1 and 2 (Al Pacino), Silent Running (Bruce Dern), The Man with Two Brains (Steve Martin), Legend (Tom Cruise), Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Matthew Broderick), Joe vs. the Volcano (Tom Hanks), Big (Tom Hanks), Blade Runner (Harrison Ford), Apocalypse Now Redux - ok, post-90's but made in pre (Martin Sheen), The Deer Hunter (Robert DeNiro), The Gods Must Be Crazy (N!xau), Conan the Barbarian (Arnold Schwarzeneggar), Predator (Arnold Schwarzeneggar), Valley Girl (Nicolas Cage), Shogun (Richard Chamberlain) ok, made for t.v. but still pretty good...

I could go on for a while...
I'm so intense...coffee should drink ME!

MacGuffin

Quote from: temple5150Harry Harvey (Jimmy Stewart)
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

temple5150

The rabbit made me do it!
I'm so intense...coffee should drink ME!

MacGuffin

Travolta in talks for "Harvey" remake  

The Hollywood Reporter reports that John Travolta is in negotiations to star in a contemporary remake of the 1950 film, "Harvey," a co-production between MGM and Miramax Films.

Based on the Pulitzer-winning Mary Chase play and updated by scribe Craig Mazin, the project will see Travolta star in the story of Elwood P. Dowd and the relationship he has with his best friend, an invisible 6-foot-tall rabbit. The project does not have a start date.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

children with angels

Tavolta? In Harvey?! Oh my fucking GOD, NOOOOOOOO! What's going on - is nothing in this world safe...?
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

bonanzataz

that's some kind of joke you made up.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Quote from: children with angelsTavolta? In Harvey?! Oh my fucking GOD, NOOOOOOOO! What's going on - is nothing in this world safe...?

Travolta's career is over................... again

bonanzataz

Quote from: Duck Sauce
Travolta's career is over................... again

Yeah, we just have to wait for the next hotshot director to come and revitalize his career, where he will give the best performance of his life.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

SHAFTR

Wow, I started this topic many movies ago.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

Gold Trumpet

Another fucking thread rehashed. My comments were ghastly. Proclamation after fucking naive Proclamation. If I want to proclaim anything, its just I'm serious about film. Its never useful to say any film is best of such decade or generation if your experience hardly covers that generation anyways.

Anyways, I deleted it. Rant over.

Reinhold

i didn't even read page 1 before i posted. i just went by the title.

oops.

wag the dog is good and post-1990, i guess.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

hedwig

Quote from: Reinhold Messneri didn't even read page 1 before i posted. i just went by the title.

oops.

wag the dog is good and post-1990, i guess.

he wanted pre-1990. :(