CRASH

Started by Finn, April 20, 2005, 05:02:29 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

You're racist for implying that he's racist.

xerxes

MacGuffin

'Crash' DVD Sales Spike After Oscar Gold

Oscar gold became real gold for best-picture winner "Crash" its DVD sales spiked after Sunday's Academy Awards. On Monday, Lionsgate, the film's distributor, sold 17,500 copies of "Crash," more than half the previous week's entire total of 33,000.

The DVD was No. 19 on Amazon.com's top-sellers list on Wednesday, up more than 80 places from last week.

"Crash," which was released on DVD on Sept. 6, 2005, has sold about 4 million copies to date, a spokeswoman said Wednesday. Sales also spiked after the Oscar nominations were announced on Jan. 31.

A two-disc "director's cut" edition of the film will be released on April 4.

"Crash" opened in theaters in May 2005.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

this is 2 months old, but i'm not sure if it was posted...

http://www.laweekly.com/film/12416/roger-and-me/
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on March 09, 2006, 03:38:21 PM
this is 2 months old, but i'm not sure if it was posted...

http://www.laweekly.com/film/12416/roger-and-me/

Excellent.  I immediately emailed it to my dad, who otherwise has excellent taste in movies, but doesn't understand what my problem with Crash is.
My house, my rules, my coffee

JG

Do you know how much trouble I've had with my people this week, soley because I am upset about Crash winning?  It's been a hella week.  It's tough to explain myself without getting heated, so I've promised everyone I know that I will write an article on why I hate Crash and pass it to everyone I know.  Especially my history teacher who plans on showing the movie to the class. 

hedwig

polka your dad's not the only one. It seems like Crash is the most popular stupid movie ever among many otherwise intelligent people. I've honestly only met ONE person who didn't like it, and here was his reason..

"The guy feels up the girl and then like, saves her from the fire. THAT MOVIE WAS STUPID!"   :ponder:

JG, I feel your pain. today I even met an Honors English teacher who's screening the movie for his class. And not under the heading of "Shitty Writing 101."

They should all be fired and banned from the profession for life.

JG

i convinced my mom why it was terrible before she saw it, so when she did see it she didn't like it either.  other than that, one of my best friends is the only one who didn't like it.  he has pretty good taste in movies, just that he hasn't seen as many as me.  But it seems like all of the most intelligent people in my life are falling for this movie.  my "TV Production" teacher, a man I truly respect and is one of the smartest men I've ever met, said it "changed him."  Like I said, its going to be show in my AP History Class (instead of Do the Right Thing, because according to my teacher, Crash is more "powerful").  today in my math class, a kid said to me:  "Hey Sean, thoughts on the oscar picks?"  I said, "not too happy with 'em."  a bunch of girls looked at me and literally gasped.  "you didn't like that?!"  i simply replied "no."  everyone in the class stared at me like i just said a racial slur.  then everyone goes quiet and one girl says, "so, didn't like the message?!?"   Which confirmed for me that a lot of people associate the message of the movie (albeit a trite and obvious one) with the quality of the movie.   

Ah, I hate people. 

©brad

the best thing any of us can do is to stop talking about this movie.

Tryskadekafobia

And the nominees for most hated movie besides "The Boondock Saints" are...

squints

Quote from: ©brad on March 09, 2006, 04:55:52 PM
:bravo:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Golden Age Walrus on February 28, 2006, 12:42:23 AM
If only it were that easy.

Ravi

Crash?  Oh, I loved that movie...

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Cronenberg's finest!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye