What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Sigur Rós

Hari Kunzru - The Impressionist

If you like Rudyard Kipling and especially "Kim" then I recommend this.

deathnotronic

Reinhold

Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

deathnotronic

Quote from: Reinhold MessnerHeart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad.

I tried reading that last year. I had to read each sentence like 3 times to comprehend it. I gave up 30 pages in.

Alethia

almost done with misery

it kicks the movies ass, by the way

Jeremy Blackman

Reinhold

Quote from: deathnotronic

I tried reading that last year. I had to read each sentence like 3 times to comprehend it. I gave up 30 pages in.

that's too bad... so far, it seems like it'd really be great to adapt for the screen. it's got some really nice rhythm.
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ono

Quote from: Reinhold Messner

that's too bad... so far, it seems like it'd really be great to adapt for the screen. it's got some really nice rhythm.
Hahahaha.

jtm

Quote from: Reinhold Messner

already done...

Reinhold

deathnotronic

I should probably give it another shot as it has been a year.

kotte

It's funny when people make jokes and one guy doesn't get it.

I'm finishing up To The White Sea and I'm ecstatic. I'm thinking of reading Deliverance. Anyone who's read both, how's the book in relation to the movie, which I haven't seen. How is it different from White Sea?

Sleuth

I think Deliverance is right up your alley, give it a shot
I like to hug dogs

Pwaybloe

Quote from: kotteI'm finishing up To The White Sea and I'm ecstatic. I'm thinking of reading Deliverance. Anyone who's read both, how's the book in relation to the movie, which I haven't seen. How is it different from White Sea?

I can comment on 2/3 of what you're asking.  I've read Deliverance and seen the movie, and the movie is actually pretty faithful to the book.  It varied only a slight bit from what I remember.  

If I had to choose one, I would go with the movie.  Mainly because the cinematography was done by my favorite DP (Vilmos Zsigmond).  Bow hunting is a major plus, too.

kotte

Killer In The Rain - Raymond Chandler

The Third Face - Samuel Fuller