Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Robyn

a few more songs I have liked recently.

because it's the greatest song ever.

because I could have written this (if a had any talent).

because I danced.

because I was high and had sex on a field of broken flowers.

because that feeling :(

because it's prettier than the album cover.

and some songs about movies:

N

jenkins

as every weekend movies are released, every weekend i have a current power song

N

Pedro

I have been listening to Robert Ellis' two albums for the last week.  Really great stuff.

Robyn

teen suicde is a band I have listened to alot recently. don't mind the ridiculous band name, they are better then that.

jenkins

N

jenkins

this weekend's power song was mentioned to me by SoKo in her Amoeba records <a href="">What's in My Bag?</a> video. i watched about eight of those videos today and SoKo and Grimes were my favorites (confirmation bias? the situation felt realistic to me), this is the song i'll be talking about:

i both like the feeling of this song and feel jealous for it being famous. when i listen to the song i feel like songwriting capabilities are within my reach and i have unnecessary doubts in this world. this song was not written by Bach, is what i think.

this song is so famous it makes me sick. i just heard about it today. there are Wikipedia facts about others musicians liking the song, including a cover on a GN'R record, but, again owing to bias or reality, this feels like the best illustration of being a famous song:

Use in pop culture
The Sopranos featured the song at the end of episode 11, "House Arrest," of season two.
The song is played in Martin Scorsese's Bringing Out the Dead (1999).

and this is my favorite bit of trivia:

QuoteThe title was taken from a line in the "Better Living Through TV" episode of the sitcom The Honeymooners, and was written for his close friend Fabienne Shine.

Garam

Jeremy Blackman

Best Tegan and Sara remix I've heard, I think:

I Was A Fool (Mirror Machines Remix)

Edit: Just found out Mirror Machines is the two founding members of Shiny Toy Guns. Of course!

Robyn

hey guys, the new deakin (from animal collective) album is good as fuck

https://deakinjams.bandcamp.com/releases

jenkins

QuoteMarcus Füreder (born November 27, 1974 in Linz, Austria) better known by his stage name Parov Stelar, is an Austrian musician, producer and DJ. His musical style is based on a combination of jazz, house, electro and breakbeat. He is known as one of the pioneers of electro swing.

Parov Stelar - Chambermaid Swing, already in the million of hits, this is one song example, all the popular songs on spotify are in the millions, this is one video example, the main dance is famous-famous, the videos use clips from old movies with people dancing.

better later than never, always. a weird girl told me about this bias. do you know what The Craft is like in 2016? still awesome.

cronopio2

xiu xiu plays the music of twin peaks.