LOTR:Two Towers

Started by Banky, June 12, 2003, 12:00:10 AM

Sigur Rós

MacGuffin

Quote from: Sigur Róseastereggs?

Put in Disc 1 of the movie. From the Main Menu go to 'Select A Scene' and go to the last page of the scene selections. Highlight 'Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit', then press the arrow 'Down'. The One Ring will appear. Press 'Enter'. You get to see Andy Serkis's acceptance speech at the MTV Movie Awards.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MacGuffin

Put in Disc 1 of the movie. From the Main Menu go to 'Select A Scene' and go to the last page of the scene selections. Highlight 'Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit', then press the arrow 'Down'. The One Ring will appear. Press 'Enter'. You get to see Andy Serkis's acceptance speech at the MTV Movie Awards.

Thx Mac!

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore
Quote from: ranemaka13Am I the only one who saw a touch of Kurosawa in the added Fords of Isen scene? Not quite sure why I see that though.

And I enjoyed these docs a lot more than FOTR, I laughed quite a bit this go round. Good stuff.

The what? Which scene is that?

It's the scene in which Eomer discovers Theodred's body. It's all rainy and stuff.
I also love Faramir's vision and memory of Boromir. Beautiful scenes.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

©brad

hahah, yes! that speech was classic.

mogwai

i can't listen to the cast audio commentary because of sean astin. he never ever shuts the fuck up. andy serkis who never gets the chance to say anything just sits there and says "oh yeah", "yes", "sure", "mmm" etc... he's driving me freaking nuts!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gamblour.

Quote from: mogwaii can't listen to the cast audio commentary because of sean astin. he never ever shuts the fuck up. andy serkis who never gets the chance to say anything just sits there and says "oh yeah", "yes", "sure", "mmm" etc... he's driving me freaking nuts!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, totally agree. Elijah Wood too, they sound like they're ready to suck each other off. Or at least, that's the impression I got.
WWPTAD?

Fernando

The director/writer commentary picks up where the last one left off. The three never lets the track hit a lull in telling the behind the scenes ancedotes.

Finally I'm having time to see the special features and such, so far what I did is that I saw film (only disc 1) then I played it with the actor's commentary and finished that, I love love this commentary mainly how enthusiastic Elijah sounds about the whole thing. While watching I can't help but think of all the hype for Serkis' performance and it was more than well deserved but I think Elijah did a fantastic job as well, his silent scenes were amazing, he really shows how hard the path is getting, in fellowship when he had yet to leave the shire, he was totally different, his attitud was cheerful and looked like a kid, now you can see the character really grows, well I guess I just love how he transfomed Frodo.

Anywaaaay, what I want to know is if the other commentaries (director, production staff) are worth listening, as I said the actors' is really cool and never gets boring, so, how are the others? That's that. (The Q is not only for Mac, I take anyone's comments)

Ghostboy

I actually still haven't listened to the actors' track, but I listened to the writer/director commentary the night I bought it, and I love it. There's this great part where Jackson's talking about the scene in the swamp with the bodies under the water and he sheepishly says "now, this isn't exactly in the book, but..."

It's highly enjoyable, and educational as well.