Respect

Started by MacGuffin, October 25, 2003, 01:33:49 AM

Weak2ndAct

Walrus:
Um, considering the climate around here, I would reconsider that AV...

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjThere will always be some asshole to limit things.  Even looking on a global level, the are some cultures where women and men have set, defined roles.

Right, and we don't have that?

Quote from: aclockworkjjbut is it better to scream repression than to learn how to work the system?

The system always swallows you up. That's why its a system. When you join the system, you become part of it. If you don't become part of it, you are kicked out. How's that for repression? (I think you mean "oppression")

Quote from: aclockworkjjJB (sorry I pick on you) and such believe that a modern day utopia is achieveable...I don't see it happening.

Okay, let me clear it up. Utopia is impossible. But saying "the world sucks" and doing nothing doesn't make you any more productive than the person who is "sreaming repression" and makes a dent, however small.

Quote from: aclockworkjjSo when I say a beautiful woman (or I coulda even said guy or that matter) is a powerful thing, it's not necessarly a pure sexual reference in nature.

If you're saying its hard-wired and natural, how could it not have sexual implications? That's what's at our animal core. Sex. You can use the word "beautiful" to disguise it, but you know what the motivation is.

molly

aclockworkjj wrote:
So when I say a beautiful woman (or I coulda even said guy or that matter) is a powerful thing, it's not necessarly a pure sexual reference in nature.

If you're saying its hard-wired and natural, how could it not have sexual implications? That's what's at our animal core. Sex. You can use the word "beautiful" to disguise it, but you know what the motivation is.

GodDamnImDaMan

to sure i do infact love the women on these boards i changed my name...
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Gold Trumpet

I think everyone has gotten the point of this thread. I ask someone to just close the thread. Its becoming so large so quickly it is gaining 'Peace Out' status. If not closed, I think it may gain the same notoriety of Peace Out by being distractive to other things prolly more worthy of conversation.

~rougerum

cine

And I made an attempt to change the subject so the females could talk about their beliefs on males... no response from females and more bickering about other things. I had low expectations, but fuck it anyhow.

neatahwanta

Bullshit man, lockeroom talk is sexcellent, and chicks need to hear it sooner or later...as if they don't do the same in their circles.  Lame thread.   :yabbse-thumbdown:

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Weak2ndActWalrus:
Um, considering the climate around here, I would reconsider that AV...

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

pookiethecat

Quote from: CinephileAnd I made an attempt to change the subject so the females could talk about their beliefs on males...

Well, as to Pookie's view on males...

I really don't believe there is too much of a difference between men and women. I think we're all just people.  Which is why this whole 'boys will boys' thing is idiotic and insulting- especially to men who seem to possess a brain.  how about we change the phrase to "idiots will be idiots"?
i wanna lick 'em.

Cecil

pookie, once again, you are correct

pookiethecat

Quote from: Cecilpookie, once again, you are correct

thanks.
i wanna lick 'em.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'd have to agree with pookie.  It's not women have a likelihood of being emotionally irrational and men are apt to not be able to communicate with their partner.

It's society telling them that's how it is.  I mean, our brains have been proven to function differently, but not so drastically different that we have to live up to stereotypes.  If a guy writes happy poetry, he's a fag.  If a girl shaves her head and dosen't wear a bra, she's a dyke.

God bless America.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cine

Quote from: pookiethecat
Quote from: CinephileAnd I made an attempt to change the subject so the females could talk about their beliefs on males...

Well, as to Pookie's view on males...

I really don't believe there is too much of a difference between men and women. I think we're all just people.  Which is why this whole 'boys will boys' thing is idiotic and insulting- especially to men who seem to possess a brain.  how about we change the phrase to "idiots will be idiots"?
Pookie, I think you missed what my initial topic question was.

NEON MERCURY

...i think that to get the true feelings of men and women we need to hang out w/ fraternities and sororities....and use deductive reasoning...

pookiethecat

Quote from: CinephilePookie, I think you missed what my initial topic question was.

Yikes, sorry.  You mind rephrasing it?
i wanna lick 'em.