Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Sleuth

My favorites are Backdrifts and Go To Sleep

Least favorite:  The Gloaming.  I know a lot of you think highly of the song, but I don't get it.  It sounds so damn mediocre especially compared to the rest of the album.
I like to hug dogs

SoNowThen

I definitely agree about Backdrifts and Go To Sleep. I'd add Drunken Punch Up to that list as well.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've heard Creep a load of times, but it's still great.

What also rocks is Air Bag, the classic Karma Police, Thinking About You...Talk Show Host...and a bunch of titles that don't come to mind...

Great band, though!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pozer

Quote from: MeshI think A Punchup is one of the two weakest tracks, the other being Backdrifts.

A.  Both are a bit too long and drift a little.

B.  Both seem like rehashes of older, better Radiohead material, Backdrifts especially.

Two Of The Best Tracks On The Album!
Keep listening to them

European Son

Quote from: Mesh
Quote from: European SonSo, uh...."A Wolf at the Door" sure is cool, huh? Let's talk about Radiohead....guys.

Just might be my favorite on the album.  I love it when Thom's lyrics get all manic and frantic like that.
Yeah, I noted it as sort of sounding like Lou Reed on speed. It's a fast paced speak-sing.

Dirk

Radiohead have announced their North American tour. Scroll down to the month of August. I'll be there in Montreal  8)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

Sleuth

Oh cool, they aren't coming anywhere near me
I like to hug dogs

European Son

I believe more dates will be announced shortly. I originaly heard that they were touring the U.S. until early October. Surely that will be the case, because that's a really short tour otherwise.

modage

ugh, pavillions.  i fucking HATE pavillions almost as much as i hate arenas (which i hate almost as much as i hate stadiums).

on a side note:  how many fucking tweeter centers must there be?  remember before corporations bought up all the fucking arenas and they had like, real names that related to the town they were in, and werent like big fucking commercials?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sleuth

You talk crazy talk

Xcingular
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

I have a question:

What is the word, on the 'Hail to the Thief'-cover, placed in the lower right corner?

1: Beef
2: Delicious
3: Security

modage

umm security.  is this a quiz?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: themodernage02umm security.  is this a quiz?

Yeah, in a Danish music-magazine. Thx!  :wink:

modage

no problem. as long as you keep posting with that beautiful Nicole Kidman avatar, ill answer all the questions you want.

phil marlowe

yeah sigur, that IS a very nice avatar. im gonna see dogville tomorrow and i cant wait.

cant wait to see that rape scene.