It's a beautiful world

Started by kotte, April 04, 2004, 06:12:12 AM

Pubrick

this thread is flawed. as is admiration for space only when it looks good.

beauty isn't just visual.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Yeah, but it's hard to post smell or touch on the internet.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Pubrick

man is ur brain fried after that Quotes discussion, cos it doesn't look like u put any thought into that comment. who said it was restricted to senses? if that's ur fix we could still post sound. and

ever heard of concepts? things which cannot be experienced directly (didn't think that was a requirement here) can still be talked about, referred to. sum things ONLY exist as abstractions.

imperfection is beautiful. the theory of relativity is beautiful. decay is beautiful. the story of where Homer keeps Maggie's photos, that's true beauty, it possesses a quality which cannot be quantified through sensual perception, it makes u feel sumthing different. and it's pretty funny too.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

My my, we're in a nasty little mood!

I could say "home cooking on a holiday day", but it just wouldn't be the same as walking into your kitchen and having the smell hit you.

And then of course there's soft female skin. Can't feel it on the internet.

But the best we could do on here is write about it or put pictures of it, hence it all sorta becomes visual given the forum of presentation.

'Tis all I was saying.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

kotte

Quote from: SoNowThenAnd then of course there's soft female skin. Can't feel it on the internet.

This together with the mentioned warm morning kiss is the single most beautiful thing in the world.

Quote from: Pubrickthe story of where Homer keeps Maggie's photos, that's true beauty,

you touched this brother's heart right there  :cry:
context, context, context.

Thrindle

Quote from: cronopio
Quote from: Pubrickthe story of where Homer keeps Maggie's photos, that's true beauty,

you touched this brother's heart right there  :cry:

It touched something... sure as hell wasn't my heart though...  :twisted:
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: SoNowThenI could say "home cooking on a holiday day", but it just wouldn't be the same as walking into your kitchen and having the smell hit you.

hence it all sorta becomes visual given the forum of presentation.

'Tis all I was saying.
cool i'll just repeat myself then cos u must've missed what i was saying..

OBviously u can't smell or squeeze titties on the interweb. u can't really see the things ppl are posting either, with the exception of the helix nebula, nothing is a still image.

and then u just repeated what i said by writing "But the best we could do on here is write about it or put pictures of it,". Exactly, so everything is at the same level of.. realism, right? like a picture of sumthing is the same as the smell of sumthing, u can't really feel either. so that means u agreed to my original point that the flaw in the thread was there were only pictures of Pictures. also the superficiality of space admiration, that was another point, the mathematics behind it CAN be expressed in writing (not necessarily by me) and the beauty in the concepts of gravity and Light is also sumthing that doesn't require a picture, right?

u also ignored my comments on things beyond senses. whatever.

i guess u were trying to get sum technicality, like "u can see this text so everything is visual etc." if that's the case i'm sorry we've wasted our time.
under the paving stones.

kotte

you're complicating it.

Of'course you can take a picture of a beautiful valley...and it will still be beautiful.

Pubrick

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . nevermind.
under the paving stones.

kotte

what's your problem?

We're posting pretty stuff...

SoNowThen

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: SoNowThenI could say "home cooking on a holiday day", but it just wouldn't be the same as walking into your kitchen and having the smell hit you.

hence it all sorta becomes visual given the forum of presentation.

'Tis all I was saying.
cool i'll just repeat myself then cos u must've missed what i was saying..

OBviously u can't smell or squeeze titties on the interweb. u can't really see the things ppl are posting either, with the exception of the helix nebula, nothing is a still image.

and then u just repeated what i said by writing "But the best we could do on here is write about it or put pictures of it,". Exactly, so everything is at the same level of.. realism, right? like a picture of sumthing is the same as the smell of sumthing, u can't really feel either. so that means u agreed to my original point that the flaw in the thread was there were only pictures of Pictures. also the superficiality of space admiration, that was another point, the mathematics behind it CAN be expressed in writing (not necessarily by me) and the beauty in the concepts of gravity and Light is also sumthing that doesn't require a picture, right?

u also ignored my comments on things beyond senses. whatever.

i guess u were trying to get sum technicality, like "u can see this text so everything is visual etc." if that's the case i'm sorry we've wasted our time.

Hahaha, of course I agreed with you that the thread is flawed. But it's the best we can do with the limited resources. I just thought it was funny that you felt the need to rag on me for my little quip.

Chest Rockwell