Wesley Willis (RIP 08/22/03)

Started by joeybdot, July 02, 2003, 09:31:56 PM

joeybdot

Wesley Willis: The Daddy Of Rock and Roll

This is a must own DVD of a day in the life of a Schizophrenic Rock Music Star! heres the caption in his own words

"I'm Wesley Willis, I'm 36 years old. I play music and do art. I have Schizophrenia. I have chronic Schizophrenia. I had it since 1989. Roger Lee Carpenter asked me for $600. He told me, that if I don't give him $600, he was going to blow my brains out. That's when I started hearing demons. I have three demons: Nervewrecker, Heartbreaker and Meansucker. The demons tell me I'm a jerk, a bum and an asshole. i yell, I scream, I holler at people on buses but when i'm with friends, its a joyride."

"God gave me this rock music career to keep me busy. Back in 1991, I used to hit old people wit folding chairs. Suddenly, i moved to the north side of Chicago, Illinois in 1992. It made a rock star out of me at last. I'm the daddy of rock an roll."

LISTEN TO ME THIS IS A MUST SEE!

It's a little depressing and low budget but he is a interesting character. He grew up being abused and molested by parents and loved ones. He makes very interesting music go buy this dvd you'll never see anything like him. His album are decorated with his ink paintings and stuff his music is brilliant!

Pubrick

i seen it, on tv.

his trip to the zoo is a highlight., i've been a fan for a while. scary stuff.
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

Once found him funny, now I find him sad.  Basically, when all the white-hat jocks found out about him, they started flooding his shows and listening to him in their frats and laughing, so me and my friends were forced to put on our stern faces and cluck our tongues in dissapointment and leave him for them...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

cowboykurtis

i've seen this mother fukcer play live -- he gives bo diddly a run for his money.
...your excuses are your own...

Victor

he whupped batman's ass, you know.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Mr. Joshua

He also beat a horse's behind whif a belt.

"Blockbuster, wow what a difference"
"and in the windmill dawn, and under this orchard canopy, and out from under this barrel vault, and out from under this barrel vault." -

Xixax

How did I miss this thread?

I LOVE Wesley!

I have a (near miss) Wesley Willis story to share.

In 1999, I went to Chicago for a convention. I was delighted when I passed the giant "Magikist" sign on the freeway. The excitement built even more as I located and entered the art store that Wesley made famous, "Genesis" on Western Ave in the bowels of Chicago. I was greeted by a man in his early 20's and a big smile on his face. At the name Wesley Willis, the young man smiled even larger and invited me into the rear of the store, normally reserved for employees only. As we moved to the back loading dock door, he pointed to a large frame hanging above the door. I had found one! A Wesley Willis original! It was a beautiful city street, complete with decorated christmas trees. "Wesley gave the manager this for Christmas" he explained. "Wesley comes in here all the time. The guy is a trip. He keeps breaking our toilet seats! He'll come in here to take a shit, and he's so big that he keeps breaking our toilet seats. The manager told us to stop letting him use our restrooms unless he pays us for the toilet seats he keeps breaking. In fact, I just replaced one this morning." Knowing that I could never own a Wesley Willis original piece of art, I thought it might be cool to own a toilet seat that he had broken with his own ass. Throwing one leg over the side of the dumpster, I climbed in. Thankfully, the dumpster was full of cardboard boxes, old computer parts and strange pieces of old electronic equipment. Much of it was too heavy to move on my own. Looking at my watch, I realized that I really needed to get going, so I left empty handed. I would still very much like to own a piece of Wesley's artwork, but have no clue as to how I might locate it. And, even if I were to find some of his works for sale, I would imagine that it would be far outside of my price range.

Rock over London. Rock on, Chicago!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Rock Star Wesley Willis Dead at 40

Dear Friends and fellow Wesleynauts,
We are deeply saddened to report that one of our artists, Wesley Willis passed away yesterday, Thursday, August 21st. Wesley will be greatly missed by all that had the privilege to know him, as well as the fans who have been fortunate enough to experience his genius.

Wesley was diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) at the end of 2002, and had to undergo emergency surgery on June 2nd to identify the source of, and to suppress internal bleeding. It is not clear if this bleeding was related to his leukemia or not, and the exact cause of death is still unknown. Wesley had been recovering at a Hospice in Illinois, and since the surgery his health had deteriorated rapidly.

His songs were simultaneously disturbing, hilarious, blunt, and intoxicating. Wesley's sheer excitement and unaffected honesty about every cultural phenomenon, defined his music as truly individual, and truly punk rock.

Wesley released well over 50 albums - 3 of which are on Alternative Tentacles, and a 4th, entitled, Wesley Willis Greatest Hits Vol. 3 (CD) had already been scheduled for release in October of this year.

For more information on Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia, please visit http://leukemia-lymphoma.org .

Currently there are no plans for any funeral service but we will inform you if there will be.

---

taken from alternative tentacles news page.  :(
under the paving stones.

rusty

I posted a wesley desktop wallpaper as a tribute on my website. hopefully more people will do the same. I've always wanted wesley on my desktop...too bad it took losing him for me to get around to just making one myself.
http://www.rustysegars.com/downloads.htm

I first found out about Wesley about 8 years ago when I worked at a music store. We special ordered some some of his cd's, and when it was time to close each night and customers were lingering, all it took was the first few lines from "Rick Simms" to run them out of the store. I was fortunate enough to meet him in Norfolk, VA a few years later and saw him in concert. Before the concert he sold me and my brother a couple of cd's. His deal was "1 for $10 or 2 for $20", so we went for the bulk discount. The show was great. He opened for Sublime and put on a great show. No one was there to make fun. People were going nuts, stage-diving, moshing, etc. Afterwards he drew some pictures and made some friends - looked like he had a great time. He will be greatly missed.

wesley lyrics:
http://www.azlyrics.com/w/willis.html

wesley song generator:
http://www.monzy.org/wesley/

Pubrick

under the paving stones.