Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: Cinephile
Quote from: CinephileHedwig.
I take it back.
ditto!

I knew it.

hedwig

Xixax members I wouldn't mind meeting:

Picolas -- very interesting, nice, talented guy. Also generous with advice.

NEON MERCURY -- I think so many of his posts are brilliant.

Cinephile -- He called me a "pussy," something I don't usually get called.

MacGuffin -- i don't know. same reasons listed by everyone else.

Godardian -- seems interesting, and also knowledgeable on many things that interest me.

Taz -- Anyone who loves John Waters that much is a-okay.

Withnail -- he greeted my kindly when I joined here. and he doesn't seem as mean-spirited as some of The Others

And also that guy who made the movie where he stabs himself in the chest and takes out a little candy for Valentine's Day. That was cool.

matt35mm

Quote from: HedwigAnd also that guy who made the movie where he stabs himself in the chest and takes out a little candy for Valentine's Day. That was cool.
Ghostboy.

Just Withnail

Jesus, a mention  :-D Thanks. You bet I wanna meet you back.

Quote from: matt35mm
Quote from: HedwigAnd also that guy who made the movie where he stabs himself in the chest and takes out a little candy for Valentine's Day. That was cool.
Ghostboy.

I gotta say (again) that I love that short.

hedwig

And Ghostboy  8)

His reviews of films are usually very interesting.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Hedwig

NEON MERCURY -- I think so many of his posts are brilliant.

thanks.

and walrus, my first was blue velvet. thats what i would suggest to start off with.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: NEON MERCURYand walrus, my first was blue velvet. thats what i would suggest to start off with.

My first was M Drive, then Blue Velvet, then eraserhead...where to now?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Alethia

elephant man!

and i'd like to meet hedwig

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Walrus, Kookookajoob
Quote from: NEON MERCURYand walrus, my first was blue velvet. thats what i would suggest to start off with.

My first was M Drive, then Blue Velvet, then eraserhead...where to now?

well, you could go 4 different ways IMO.

since you already have seen some of his more biziarre material you could either.

1.  keep going and watch 'lost highway' and 'wild at heart'
2.  take a detour and watch some of his more mainstream material like 'elephant man' and 'the straight story'
3.  or you could watch 'twin peaks[fire walk w/ me]' which would lead down a diferent path towards obessesion and you will be forced to watch the entire series of twin peaks. honestly, i saw fire walk w/ me BEFORE i saw twin peaks[tv series]. and i still loved every moment of that series despite already being spoiled by seeing the film first.
4. lastly, you could watch 'dune' :|

in other words, you can watch any of his films you haven't seen.
context, context, context.

Pubrick

Quote from: cronopioin other words, you can watch any of his films you haven't seen.
don't deny the world of vapid conversation, u concise speaker u..
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: cronopioin other words, you can watch any of his films you haven't seen.

Basically, I can just ignore not watching the ones I haven't yet seen so far.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

modage

out of a billion people in new york, this morning i ran into mutinyco on the train.   :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

mogwai