Kill Bill: Volume One On DVD April 13th

Started by modage, November 13, 2003, 10:49:06 PM

modage

Quote from: SoNowThenDidn't QT say that he was gonna do something cool for each individual one, so that each set (1, 2, and the deluxe) would have lots of different extras?

yeah i'm pretty sure he said he's going to a do a lord of the rings type thing and release two seperate versions with completely different extras making them both worthwhile to geeks.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Is Kill Bill Vol 2 the 5th Film by QT?
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

brockly

Quote from: SHAFTRIs Kill Bill Vol 2 the 5th Film by QT?

no

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Brock Landers
Quote from: SHAFTRIs Kill Bill Vol 2 the 5th Film by QT?

no

Who cares, anyway? We just want volume two ASAP
Si

Ernie

Oh yea! Much earlier than I predicted...that Feb 3rd is shaping up to be quite a dent int the wallet - American Splendor, Ed Wood, Lost in Translation and now this...I hope I can handle it. This is some good news Mac, thanks a lot!!!

modage

Quote from: ebeamanThis is some good news Mac, thanks a lot!!!

i can only assume you mean "mini-mac".  :x
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Ernie

Quote from: themodernage02
Quote from: ebeamanThis is some good news Mac, thanks a lot!!!

i can only assume you mean "mini-mac".  :x

Oh fuck man, I'm sorry, I figured only Mac could bring us such breaking news, I obviously thought wrong. The credit is completely shifted to you my friend, sorry about that. Great great news.

Kal

I GOT IT!

A friend of mine that works at AMC just got the original Miramax version of it. Its recorded with some crappy definition so is not optimal and doesnt have all the special features, but the fact of just seeing Kill Bill at home in my 57" HDTV just made my week...

Its a good version to wait 2 more months until the official one comes out :)

He also got me Mystic River, Matrix Revolutions and Intolerable Cruelty

SoNowThen

Uh, didn't you listen to anything Joe Setbuilder had to say? You didn't hurt the producers there, but you just put him out of a job. Now how's he gonna be able to afford his beard dye?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Kal

LOL

I didnt do any harm cause I already saw this movie twice in the theatre... I even went each time with a different girl so I paid for her ticket as well... I purchased 4 tickets and I will buy the official DVD when available... so if anything Im feeding all those bastards

Sleepless

Source: www.dvdworldusa.com

Additional Features  Interactive Menus, Original Theatrical Trailer, Scene Selection and Much More..  

Does this bode good or bad? QT did say he was gonna do loads of features on Vol 1 & Vol 2, then do a special release with the whole movie and with completely different features. Apparently he want to show up the matrix which is fair enough. Please don't say this is a vanilla disk!!!! Oh well, I've pre-ordered in now anyway...  :)
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

bonanzataz

Quote from: andykLOL

I didnt do any harm cause I already saw this movie twice in the theatre... I even went each time with a different girl so I paid for her ticket as well... I purchased 4 tickets and I will buy the official DVD when available... so if anything Im feeding all those bastards

that's exactly what i say to justify it, but i still feel dirty every time i watch it (and i feel dirty a LOT).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

Interactive menus? Scene selection?

BADASS!!!!

abuck1220

ComixFan

I'm just gonna wait for the entire movie on DVD to buy my copy.