Viewing Habits?

Started by Teen Wolf, September 16, 2003, 04:49:37 PM

bonanzataz

it's fun to watch magnolia with a big group of people and laugh at the crazy linda stuff. that scene in the pharmacy, man... it's great because when i watch it on my own, it's heartbreaking and sad, when i watch it with people it's hilarious. "you murrfugger. you mother fucker, how dare you!"

anyway. yes, usually after everybody's gone to bed (however, that means i can't put it on VERY loud which is how i like it). complete darkness, sometimes i'll microwave some leftover chinese and have a dr pepper. other times i'll just put something on when i'm bored and can tune it out whenever i want to talk to somebody or vice versa. if i decide to make an event out of it, i'll watch without interruption, sometimes even when i take piss breaks to make it like the movie. if i'm high or have been drinking, i usually take cigarette breaks, but i'm only high or drinking and going through my process when i'm watching these specific movies. during boogie nights, i have a smoke after macy shoots himself. during magnolia, i'll stop the dvd where my vhs copy used to stop, at the point right before stanley answers the question about the opera carmen (right after his buzzer chimes in). during 2001, i'll have it at the intermission. sometimes you can substitute cigarette break for a microwaved meal or a drink refill, but the break times are always the same because i am completely and totally insane.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: bonanzatazit's fun to watch magnolia with a big group of people and laugh at the crazy linda stuff. that scene in the pharmacy, man... it's great because when i watch it on my own, it's heartbreaking and sad, when i watch it with people it's hilarious. "you murrfugger. you mother fucker, how dare you!"

I'm a bigger fan of

"Suck...my DICK!"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mister mister

Quote from: bonanzatazduring boogie nights, i have a smoke after macy shoots himself. during magnolia, i'll stop the dvd where my vhs copy used to stop, at the point right before stanley answers the question about the opera carmen (right after his buzzer chimes in). during 2001, i'll have it at the intermission.

That is just crazy - But hilair. I never really thought about having toilet breaks during movies... but you all seem to have weak bladders.

cine

Ouch. Swift kick to the crotch by the aussie.

My bladder is fine, thank you.

And for the record, I've never agreed with Hitchcock's theory on the human bladder.

Ravi

Quote from: CinephileOuch. Swift kick to the crotch by the aussie.

My bladder is fine, thank you.

And for the record, I've never agreed with Hitchcock's theory on the human bladder.

Please elaborate.

I can't stand to walk out of a movie or turn one off in the middle.  Even if it is a horrible movie I will tough it out.

Sleuth

Quote from: RaviI can't stand to walk out of a movie or turn one off in the middle.  Even if it is a horrible movie I will tough it out.

me too
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: RaviI can't stand to walk out of a movie or turn one off in the middle.  Even if it is a horrible movie I will tough it out.

me too
me 3.  thou I have no shame in gettin' comfy and fallin' esleep.  But that only happend twice to date.  

Godfather III
......&
The 2nd Harry Potter

Sleuth

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: tremolosloth

me too
me 3.  thou I have no shame in gettin' comfy and fallin' esleep.  But that only happend twice to date.  

Godfather III
......&
The 2nd Harry Potter

I think that's terrible too though
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

i've never REALLY walked out of anything (not since I was little and got bored by the grown-up movies and went to play the video games in the lobby). i have no qualms about turning a movie off, but only if i REALLY dislike it. recently, i turned off spun about 15 minutes in, i turned off auto focus about 5 minutes before it ended because i couldn't sit through it any more. there are movies that i will turn on cable, they'll keep my attention for 30 mins and then i'll stop watching. there are other movies that have to be watched in more than one sitting. i am still watching the unbearable lightness of being and it's been 3 months. i keep watching five minutes of it and then something comes up. i like it, but it's just too heavy for my tastes. at this point, i don't think i'll bother finishing it. my friend took it back, so, really, i can't unless i go out of my way to rent it.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls