Grind House

Started by MacGuffin, May 26, 2005, 12:11:11 AM

tpfkabi

Quote from: modage on August 01, 2007, 11:25:37 AM
Edgar Wright said recently in a Hot Fuzz DVD interview that his trailer will not be on either of the DVD's coming out soon, but rather on whatever superset comes out in the future.  i assume the other trailers will be the same way.

ok. these dvd's are hardly barebones, so i wasn't really expecting a double dip.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on August 01, 2007, 04:06:58 PM
Quote from: modage on August 01, 2007, 11:25:37 AM
Edgar Wright said recently in a Hot Fuzz DVD interview that his trailer will not be on either of the DVD's coming out soon, but rather on whatever superset comes out in the future.  i assume the other trailers will be the same way.

ok. these dvd's are hardly barebones, so i wasn't really expecting a double dip.

SDCC 07: Where Are The Grindhouse Trailers Going?
Edgar Wright says don't plan on seeing them soon.

On Friday, July 27, 2007, Edgar Wright announced that his trailer for Don't which was created for the Robert Rodriguez/ Quentin Tarantino double feature Grindhouse, will not be available on the forthcoming individual DVDs for either film. "I think that the trailers won't turn up until they release Grindhouse as a double disc set," Wright said during a press conference for the DVD release of Hot Fuzz. "They're releasing the films separately and then there will be a "Grindhouse Edition" later and that's what the trailers will appear on. I was sad that they won't get shown in other territories in the world, so that's a bit of a shame, but that's what's going to happen."

When asked if he recorded a commentary track for the trailer, Wright said he expects that will happen closer to the release of the special edition. "When they do the box set we'll hopefully do some extra stuff to go with it," Wright said. (Currently there is no formal announcement or release date for a Grindhouse special edition.) He continued, "I had a blast doing that, actually, it was such fun. That trailer was shot five weeks before the film came out, so it was right in the middle of our press tour [for Hot Fuzz], but it's on the DVD. Literally, just before that documentary starts is when I shot Don't, so I really enjoyed doing it."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

SDCC 07: Is A Don't Movie Due?
Grindhouse trailer helmer Wright talks about fleshing out a full-length film.

Edgar Wright, director of the Grindhouse trailer for Don't, said that he might be interested in fleshing out the teaser to feature length. "It has been mentioned a couple of times," Wright said. "It would depend on how Grindhouse does on DVD, because I would be very surprised if it [didn't do well]. Obviously it's already got kind of like a great cult reputation."

Wright said he thinks the Rodriguez/Tarantino movie was a great film that turned off audiences primarily because of its running time. "I think what happened with Grindhouse is that it really separated movie fans from moviegoers," he said. "The movie geeks and people who are here [at Comic-Con] were the people who were first in line, and then there are moviegoers who turn up to the multiplex not knowing what they're going to see, and working out if they can see Blades of Glory for 90 minutes before they go to dinner.

"So Grindhouse, which was three and a half hours, is a much bigger commitment," Wright continued. "I think that's basically maybe why it didn't do as well as everybody was hoping, but I don't think that actually reflects on the quality of the film."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Tarantino lets go of gentlemanly ways

Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino said Thursday he sent his gentlemanly ways packing in his latest film, "Death Proof," and let his fantasies about women run wild.

"One of the things I've always been rather proud of about me as a director and especially my handling of women is, I've always been a gentleman," the 44-year-old "Pulp Fiction" director said.

But in his latest film, inspired by the 1960s B-rated or so-called "grindhouse" movies, Tarantino laughed that he "sent the gentleman home."

"You don't want to see a grindhouse movie made by a gentleman. You want to see it through the eyes of somebody who's turned on by his women and who finds them sexy and is presenting them in what he considers the sexiest way possible," he said.

"Death Proof" tells the story of two sultry women who unleash vengeance on serial killer Stuntman Mike, played by Kurt Russell. The film also pays tribute to the 1970 Dodge Challenger, a car iconic of US counterculture.

Tarantino, wearing an orange shirt with images of the cars, warned his audience that his perception of sexiness could be different from theirs.

"You would all have slightly different versions of what you find sexy. But it ain't your movie," he said, wagging his finger at the audience and laughing.

"It's my movie. It's my job to help you see it through my eyes."

Tarantino has featured many empowered gun-and-sword-wielding women in his movies, from "Jackie Brown" to "Kill Bill."

He said his portrayal of women came from being raised by a single mother.

"I was always raised more or less to believe that there is nothing a man can do that a woman can't do."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin on August 02, 2007, 10:04:30 AM

Eww...

mogwai

Quote from: ...and the Deathly Sparrow on August 02, 2007, 10:21:34 AM

Eww...

can you please elaborate on that because i feel the need to slap you silly.

grand theft sparrow

Well, when I read the words:

the first thing I thought of was:

and the second thing I thought of was:

and the third thing I thought of was:

and the fourth thing I thought of was:

Quote from: ...and the Deathly Sparrow on August 02, 2007, 10:21:34 AM
Eww...

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

the question is:

will the special edition contain everything these seperate editions contain or just present the films the way they were theatrically?

i'm guessing it will be a few years until we find out a la Kill Bill.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

context, context, context.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

so it is the "5th film" is it?

BULLSHIT
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm