The official topic, the last topic ever.

Started by neatahwanta, November 30, 2003, 11:05:31 AM

neatahwanta

This right here is the official thread to end all threads.  All posts will go right here, in this thread, so that there is no chance of duplicating a topic with more than one thread.

If you go to other message boards, you'll see that there is no need for a thread like this, but XIXAX is a special message board, with special members.  The thought of having multiple threads about the same topic is some kinda Nazi, communists pedifile idea....quite obvious, so...to make sure that none of those hideous, heinous new threads get created, all posts will go here.  Right here.  No other places, unless you are some kinda commy bastard.

Holy shit, no I really mean it, if you can't get the concept of this, then you will be scolded.  Bad people!  Bad!  Some God like figure, who you don't even know at all, and presumably doesn't know you either, will come down and scold you.  Bad people!

You know, there has to be rules, and those rules, altho unwritten and flexible towards those In The Know, those In Control.  They make the rules, they inforce the rules, they make things right.  But they do it with a smile.  "Thank you dipshit, for not making multiple topics again."  "God damn this is annoying, but thank you, in advance, for not doing it again."

And if you want to be Good Germans, you'll do as you're told.  Because God knows, this is EXTREMELY important.  We're talking more important than the Chicago Project and the OJ Simpson Trial all wrapped into one.  Emportant.  IXTREMELY!  GIGUNDO!

So I'll take the task of starting the conversation.  How long will it last?  Really?

molly

you are just angry because p had a good idea - everything in one place, neat and organized. You should thank him.

neatahwanta

Kal

I dont really understand... what is this thread for?  :roll:

aclockworkjj

so...

what's everyone's favorite pta flm?

Does anyone know when kill bill comes out?

what's everyone listiening to right now?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

neatahwanta

Just ask The People In The Click to be nicer, and a helleva lot more respectful to the people who don't post here 24/7.  Jesus, as I said via pm, I never have or see this "multiple posts" problem on any of the baords I post at, except this one.

It fucking sucks, and I'm sure others feel the same, but don't want to stir the shit.  Hey, that's their choice.  My choice is to be a simpleton dumb fuck until people think, "yeah, maybe we're being to anal."

Pubrick

redirections shouldn't be taken personally.

but hey this isn't my area, maybe Mac would like to step in here and remind the good folk in his clear and engaging manner, why redirection is the right choice for u and ur family.

most new members take time to adjust to the Redirect System. but usually in a very short time, they understand that it is logical and convenient. and when done correctly gives u a warm fuzzy feeling inside. in recent memory only urself and Chest Rockwell hav had a problem with it, the latter because i'm not sure he read the threads he was referred to.

signed, P.
Recall Allstar 2001-2003.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Rather than quoting it, I'll just refer to it.  Your first post in this thread makes sense, and I agree, but there is a little overreacting in it, don't you think?  I mean, think about what will happen with PTA"s next film.  If we don't redirect or have "official" threads we'd get flooded in the Idle Chatter Board, the PTA board, the Everythign Else Cinema board, Now Playing board...this is predominantly a movie message board who, for the most part, loves certain directors.  Why make a grip load of threads about the same topic when we can just put them all in one?

I used to get pissed when I was redirected, sure.  Now I appreciate it so I can quick jump to the discussion rather than no one post in it because they're posting in the other one.

It all works out, trust me.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj

Quote from: neatahwantadon't want to stir the shit.
hehe...

really, neatahwanta, P is right...don't take it personally.  But mogwai handled it...shoulda been left there.  go jump around old threads and highlight words in red next time around instead of rubbing it in the poor guy's face.

©brad

Quote from: neatahwantaJust ask The People In The Click to be nicer, and a helleva lot more respectful to the people who don't post here 24/7.  Jesus, as I said via pm, I never have or see this "multiple posts" problem on any of the baords I post at, except this one.

go to the aicn boards. they're exhausting.

nah, redirection keeps this place organized. u should be greatful that mac, mini-mac, and a few others do it for u. it's one of the many things that makes xixax so special.

neatahwanta

One duke once said something like "....redirecting is stupid and annoying," and that's the attitude I'm sticking with, especially when there are multiple topics about the same musician littered throughout the Real- Life Soundtracks forum.

©brad

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

aclockworkjj