Celebrities Gone Wild

Started by MacGuffin, September 18, 2004, 05:48:48 PM

Pozer

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 07, 2006, 01:43:03 PM
Faith Hill says CMA freakout was a joke
"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me."
oh well, bitch.  you did.

MacGuffin

Daniel Baldwin Arrested in Santa Monica

Daniel Baldwin has been arrested on suspicion of stealing a sport utility vehicle.

Baldwin was stopped Wednesday by officers in Santa Monica who saw him in a white GMC Yukon reported stolen in neighboring Orange County, authorities said.

The actor was taken to jail and booked for investigation of grand theft auto. Bail was set at $20,000.

"The car belongs to an acquaintance of Mr. Baldwin, but he had no permission to take it," said Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the Orange County sheriff's department.

An after-hours call to Baldwin's attorney was not immediately returned.

The 46-year-old actor made news in July when he drove a rented car at more than 80 mph through Los Angeles traffic and crashed into two parked vehicles. In April, he was arrested for investigation of cocaine possession, although prosecutors declined to file felony charges.

Baldwin, brother of actors Alec, Stephen and William, has appeared in the television series "Homicide: Life on the Street" and the movie "Car 54, Where Are You?"
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Faith Hill's face was just fucking creepy.  Watching her little "act" let's you look inside the facade.  Gross.
Classic.

MacGuffin

O.J. Simpson to Discuss Killings

Fox plans to broadcast an interview with O.J. Simpson in which the former football star discusses "how he would have committed" the slayings of his ex-wife and her friend, for which he was acquitted, the network said.

The two-part interview, titled "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened," will air Nov. 27 and Nov. 29, the TV network said.

Simpson has agreed to an "unrestricted" interview with book publisher Judith Regan, Fox said.

"O.J. Simpson, in his own words, tells for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes," the network said in a statement. "In the two-part event, Simpson describes how he would have carried out the murders he has vehemently denied committing for over a decade."

The interview will air days before Simpson's new book, "If I Did It," goes on sale Nov. 30. The book, published by Regan, "hypothetically describes how the murders would have been committed."

In a video clip on the network's Web site, an off-screen interviewer says to Simpson, "You wrote 'I have never seen so much blood in my life.'"

"I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood," Simpson responds.

Simpson, who now lives in Florida, was acquitted in a criminal trial of the 1994 killings of his ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson, and her friend Ronald Goldman. Simpson was later found liable in 1997 in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.

Messages left with Simpson and his attorney Yale Galanter were not immediately returned.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

yep that is the worst thing i have ever heard in my entire life. 

:(  i loved you in naked gun and this is how you repay me?!?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

I don't believe in vigilante justice in general principle, but in this case, if someone wants to pin O.J. into a brick wall with their truck until he stops twitching, I'm totally cool with that.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Ravi

Quote from: polkablues on November 15, 2006, 06:17:58 PM
I don't believe in vigilante justice in general principle, but in this case, if someone wants to pin O.J. into a brick wall with their truck until he stops twitching, I'm totally cool with that.

You want to Juice him.

MacGuffin

O.J. Simpson Book, TV Special Canceled

After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and TV special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before the Nov. 30 publication of the book by ReganBooks. The publishing house is a HarperCollins imprint owned like the Fox network by News Corp.

In both the book and show, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.

Relatives of the victims have lashed out at the now scuttled publication and broadcast plans.

"He destroyed my son and took from my family Ron's future and life. And for that I'll hate him always and find him despicable," Fred Goldman told ABC last week.

The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying "Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt."

One of the nation's largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., said last week it would donate any profits on the book to charity.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of murder in a case that became its own TV drama. The former football star and announcer was later found liable for the deaths in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the Goldman family.

Judith Regan, publisher of "If I Did It," said she considered the book to be Simpson's confession.

The television special was to air on two of the final three nights of the November sweeps, when ratings are watched closely to set local advertising rates. It has been a particularly tough fall for Fox, which has seen none of its new shows catch on and is waiting for the January bows of "American Idol" and "24."

The closest precedent for such an about-face came when CBS yanked a miniseries about Ronald Reagan from its schedule in 2003 when complaints were raised about its accuracy. The Reagan series was seen on its sister premium-cable channel, Showtime, instead.

One station manager who had said he wasn't airing the special said he was concerned that whether or not Simpson was guilty, he'd still be profiting from murders.

"I have my own moral compass and this was easy," said Bill Lamb, general manager of WDRB in Louisville.

For the publishing industry, the cancellation of "If I Did It" was an astonishing end to a story like no other. Numerous books have been withdrawn over the years because of possible plagiarism, most recently Kaavya Viswanathan's "How Opal Mehta Got Kissed, Got Wild, and Got a Life," but a book's removal simply for objectionable content is virtually unheard of.

Sales had been strong, but not sensational. "If I Did It" cracked the top 20 of Amazon.com last weekend, but by Monday afternoon, at the time its cancellation had been announced, the book had fallen to No. 51.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Stop crying your heart out, Oasis singer tells British troops in Iraq

Noel Gallagher of the British rock band Oasis has told soldiers fighting in Iraq to stop complaining when they get wounded.

The chief songwriter and lead guitarist said Tuesday troops loved getting involved in war-zone action until they get hurt.

In a wide-ranging rant, the fired-up 39-year-old also turned his guns on British Prime Minister Tony Blair, environmentalists, Elton John, his brother Liam -- the lead singer in the band -- and predicted his own daughter would become a "mental, axe-wielding, cyber-punk lunatic".

"Blair made an almighty cock-up going to war in Iraq," Gallagher told The Sun newspaper.

"You get a million people walking through Hyde Park -- 'don't send the troops' and all that.

"The troops want to go, all they want to do is fight! They're soldiers. They're loving it, until they get shot -- then they're claiming compensation.

"If you're bothered about getting shot -- here's a thing -- don't join the army."

The seething rocker, whose hits include "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out", blasted celebrities who "lock themselves off from humanity".

"If I run out of milk, I go to the supermarket and I queue up like everybody else. Can you imagine Elton John queuing up to buy milk?," he asked.

"These stars like Robbie Williams and Elton and all the rest of that lot -- what are they afraid of? Are they afraid somebody might actually say hello to them?"

He also slammed the growing environmentally-conscious fad sweeping Britain, insisting green campaigners were "hippies with no place in the world".

"How do you suggest we get millions of Chinese not to have a fridge? Or get millions of Americans to stop using their big, stupid cars?".

The surly Gallagher brothers are famed for their bitter sibling rivalry, and Noel put the boot into Liam once again, saying he had a "split personality".

"The problem with our relationship is that he doesn't like me. I can accept that," he said.

"I don't actively go out of my way to antagonise him. He does actively go out of his way to antagonise me.

"It's very difficult to deal with someone who thinks he's the centre of the universe one minute and and the next minute everybody's out to get him."

Oasis burst onto the music scene in 1994 with their debut album "Definitely Maybe". The follow-up, "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?", became Britain's third biggest selling album of all-time.

"Stop The Clocks", their greatest hits album containing 18 tunes, was released Monday.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pozer

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 21, 2006, 10:36:26 PM
"Stop The Clocks", their greatest hits album containing 18 tunes, was released Monday.
what's the point of putting this little market blurb at the end?  'wow, those little oasis bitches are running their little bitch mouths for the umteenth time - but yippie, the best of album hit stores!'

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061128/ap_en_tv/people_tracy_morgan_arrest

'30 Rock' star charged with DWI
By SAMUEL MAULL, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Tracy Morgan, a former "Saturday Night Live" regular who co-stars on NBC's "30 Rock," was arrested Tuesday in Upper Manhattan on drunken driving charges, the district attorney's office said.

The 38-year-old comedian was stopped around 4:30 a.m. while driving a Cadillac Escalade on the Henry Hudson Parkway near West 158th Street, said Edison Alban, a spokesman for District Attorney Robert Morgenthau.

Police reported that Morgan smelled of alcohol and that he later failed a breathalyzer test at the 28th Precinct station house, Alban said.

Alban didn't yet know the name of Morgan's attorney.

Morgan's publicist in Los Angeles didn't immediately return a call seeking comment.

Alban said Morgan was to be arraigned later in Manhattan's state Supreme Court on charges of driving while intoxicated and driving while impaired.

Last Dec. 2, Morgan was arrested in Hollywood, Calif., on impaired driving charges after police stopped him for speeding. Authorities there said his blood-alcohol level was 0.13 percent, over the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

On Feb. 17, he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving. He was sentenced to 36 months' probation, fined $390 and ordered to attend an alcohol education program, authorities said.

Morgan was a "Saturday Night Live" cast member from 1996 to 2003. He left the show to star in the short-lived "The Tracy Morgan Show."

___

Associated Press Writer Tom Hays contributed to this report.

grand theft sparrow

He's living every week like it's Shark Week, yo.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi on November 28, 2006, 02:45:51 PM'30 Rock' star charged with DWI

He must have been confused. The DWI storyline was on Studio 60.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ravi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061130/ap_en_tv/people_danny_devito

Thursday 'View' kind to drunken DeVito

The ladies of "The View" are laughing off Danny DeVito's loopy behavior during his appearance on the daytime talk show.

"Danny DeVito is not an alcoholic," co-host Rosie O'Donnell said Thursday. "He's just a guy who had one too many drinks with his friend."

On Wednesday's show, the 62-year-old actor admitted he'd had a late night out with George Clooney and said, "I knew it was the last seven limoncellos that was going to get me."

When asked if he had been to sleep, DeVito replied, "I don't know."

DeVito, who was promoting his new Christmas comedy, "Deck the Halls," slurred his speech slightly and told a long-winded story about spending an amorous night in the White House's Lincoln bedroom — circa the Clinton era — with his wife, the actress Rhea Perlman.

"We went in and made it our business to really wreck the joint," he said.

His words were bleeped out after apparently using some bad language when joking about President Bush, who he'd imitated as a monkey and one of the Three Stooges. He later sat on O'Donnell's lap, and she kissed him on the cheek.

Co-host Joy Behar said Thursday on the show that DeVito was "drunk as a skunk."

"But he was a fun drunk," chimed in co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Barbara Walters noted that she had gotten a message later to call him. It wasn't clear whether they connected or he had apologized.

DeVito's spokesman, Stan Rosenfield, told The Associated Press that he would wait to comment about DeVito's appearance on the show after getting in touch with the actor on Thursday.

Pozer

that is awesome.  i don't know how you could go on that show sober.