A Very Kid Rock Christmas...

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, December 09, 2003, 01:34:22 PM

Stefen

Kids rocks a joke. Is this thread for real?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

I might as well link to this. It's kind of an all-purpose link lately.

Pedro

Quote from: StefenKids rocks a joke. Is this thread for real?
it is for real...kid rock's like g love and special sauce.  he has some talent, and they both "do their thing" but they come off as total idiots.  it doesn't really matter if it's an act or not.  it lowers their integrity as serious musicians.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanHe did a touching duet with Hank Williams Jr including the song "Country Boy Can Survive"... which was sung in a post-9/11 American Flag context.

The lyrics:

The preacher man says it's the end of time
And the Mississippi River she's a goin' dry
The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

ETC...

You do know that this song is very old, right?  Not at all a reaction to 9/11

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: RegularKarateYou do know that this song is very old, right?  Not at all a reaction to 9/11

Yeah, but it's the context. I was lucky enough to see a clip of this performance, and there was like a wall of flag in the background and Hank Jr was getting pissed off and the crowd was cheering at certain lines, etc. I think he even changed a few words.

GodDamnImDaMan

How is he a joke? Have you listened to Devil Without a Cause?
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Pas

Cowboy is the greatest strip club song of all time.

freakerdude

Kid Rock contributed about 3 worthy songs. He is not talented and plays his instruments in concert just to show off. He is a very mediocre musician when it comes to talent.

Kid's fame is in the past and he has thrived on his trailer trash image. Kid Rock and his band are the circus freaks of bad music that filled a huge void in rock at the right time. May his popularity rest in peace.......

I'd rather suffer through a Clay Aiken and Rueben Studdard duo Christmas.
MC Pee Pants

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: freakerdudeKid Rock contributed about 3 worthy songs. He is not talented and plays his instruments in concert just to show off. He is a very mediocre musician when it comes to talent.

Kid's fame is in the past and he has thrived on his trailer trash image. Kid Rock and his band are the circus freaks of bad music that filled a huge void in rock at the right time. May his popularity rest in peace.......

I'd rather suffer through a Clay Aiken and Rueben Studdard duo Christmas.

First off he does play his intruments in concert to show off, big deal. What the hell is wrong with that? Second off, I hate to bring this point up again however Kid Rock has outsold the likes of Eminem in Album sales. (Devil Without a Cause vs Marshall Mathers LP) so mediocore is the wrong term to use. Third, he does use the trailer trash image, would you rather he pretend to be something he is not? Fourth, name me another musician that is catagorized under Rock, Rap, AND country. Regaurdless, your argument is weak, you did not back up any of your points.

Regaurdless, nice try.

freakerdude

I meant his musical ability to play any instrument was mediocre.

These are just my opinions and am not debating this with you. I agree, he has a tremendous amount of record sales.
MC Pee Pants

Stefen

Quote from: God Damn I miss JJ

I have listened to it. I owned it and listened to it alot when i was 15 years old, I grew out of that stage and moved on. I have no desire to listen to kid rock and I think your kidding to tell you the truth.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

GodDamnImDaMan

Quote from: Stefen
Quote from: God Damn I miss JJ

I have listened to it. I owned it and listened to it alot when i was 15 years old, I grew out of that stage and moved on. I have no desire to listen to kid rock and I think your kidding to tell you the truth.

If you are telling the truth that you owed it, then all i can say is you are entitled to your opinion. I love you none the less steven...

freakerdude

Hell yeah, you have to own something to form an opinion about it........

DW/OAC was enough for me to know he blows trailer chunks. But what about all of his other credible work?  

I kid, I kid. I love KR and he ROCKS! I can't wait for his xmas special.:x-mas:

peas
MC Pee Pants

Pubrick

GDIDM, u can't deny Kid Rock's career is dead, and Eminem is still popular and has a very large ensemble of artists on his label and side projects which hav collectively brought him lots of dough in addition to what his own records bring in.

let's name some artists Kid Rock tried to endorse.. Uncle Cracker.

end of argument. pretending kid rock is still cool is like pretending garth brooks is.
under the paving stones.

Banky

too bad he is not even close to the most succesfful white rapper GD.  Eminem has put out three highly succesfull albums and kid rock had one flash in the pan.  Eminem is the second most succesfull white rapper behind the Beaties in album sales.  Plus Em is a highly succesfull producer as well.