Limited Edition Box Sets

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 24, 2005, 04:59:23 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I've been trying to find the way to maximize my Kubrick purchases.  I've been tossing around if I want to get the Box Set, or buy them individually as I had kind of ruled out many special editions (save for Criterion Spartacus).  

Then I stumbled upon that nifty item located above for $29.99.  I looked at the features which didn't sound too great, but perhaps I just overlooked it.  

Does anyone have these or at least know if they're worth purchasing?  My rationale so far is that I'd pay 30 bucks for a Criterion, I could definitely do it for a Kubrick film, but am I better off just buying the barebones DVD's?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

Do you like a lot of extra cardboard, plastic and a CD copy of the soundtrack (CDs.. psch... I have that shit on vinyl)... if so, pay the extra money for it.

GoneSavage

I have it on vinyl too.  It was $3.25.

GoneSavage

The A Clockwork Orange one has been out for a few years.  I was really intent on getting it until I realized I already owned the movie, the soundtrack, and had already read almost every written word on the movie so the little book would be pointless.  Looks cool, though.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

From what I gathered the box sets (I've seen one for FMJ, ACO and 2001) aren't more than just pictures, the movie and the soundtrack.  I was hoping there was more, but since it seems to be just what I thought it was... I'll wait till the end of 2006, and if the Special Editions don't coem out, I'll just pick up the films individually.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye