Upcoming Releases

Started by MacGuffin, January 08, 2003, 07:13:19 PM

Rudie Obias

oct 19th.  i need this, although i already have these dvds, i don't have the box.  also "Buenos Aires Zero Degrees" (the christophor doyle documentarty about wong kar-wai and the film) is on the HAPPY TOGETHER disc.  this is fuckin' awesome!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

cine

tpfkabi

Quote from: mogwai
Quote from: dvdfile.comDue on November 2nd is a two-disc set of Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, which will be presented in 1.33:1 full screen and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround. Extras include the new documentary "The Art of Stanley Kubrick from Short Films to Strangelove" and "Inside the Making of Dr. Strangelove" featurette, split-screen interview with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, an advertising gallery, talent files and production notes (mogwai note: no deleted scenes!). Retail will be $34.95 (<-- that has to be a typo :eton iawgom).

quote]

so the only new thing is the 5.1 surround mix? the "new documentary 'The Art of SK'" is on the single disc SE, as well as the other things listed. if it was 'new' on the single disc SE, it certainly shouldn't be 'new' on this edition.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Ravi

If Dr. Strangelove needed anything, it was a DTS soundtrack  :roll:

Columbia, the master of selling one movie 3 times.

Chest Rockwell

I'm not even sure if I like Oli Stone, but thats such a good deal. The number of discs doesn't add up though, unless they're cutting all of the 2-disc DVDs to 1-discs...

MacGuffin

Holy Crap!!!

Image Entertainment has announced that it will release The Twilight Zone: The Definitive Edition - Season 1 on 12/28 (SRP $119.99). This 6-disc set will include all 36 episodes mastered from new high-definition transfers using the original camera negatives, audio in the original mono, audio commentaries (by Earl Holliman, Martin Landau, Rod Taylor, Martin Milner, Kevin McCarthy, Ted Post and William Self), vintage audio "recollections" (with Burgess Meredith, Douglas Heyes, Richard Bare, Buck Houghton, Anne Francis and Richard Masterson), Rod Sterling audio lectures from Sherwood Oaks College, isolated music scores (featuring the work of Bernard Herrman, Jerry Goldsmith and more), Rod Serling's promos for "next week's show", the original unaired pilot episode (Where Is Everybody?) featuring Serling's network pitch, a rare Serling blooper, the 466-page Twilight Zone Companion book by Marc Scott Zicree and more!

:multi:  :notworthy:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

ugh, fuck you guys! i just bought the 1st fucking boxed set!

whatever, it's a birthday present for my mom. i don't think she'll mind.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

964 PINNOCHIO BY SHOZIN FUKUI

STREET:28.12.04
-
I do not consider the following paragraph a 'spoiler', even though technically it is. If you have seen the film, you would agree with me
Created solely to satisfy the sexual cravings of older women, the Pinocchio 964 is born to serve without question. A humanoid, messily re-programmed via bloody surgery with only one goal in mind, to serve the sexual whims of its owner with a consistent level of high performance. A live flesh and blood sex slave that knows no better and has no concept of self. However, one model falls short of its clients expectations and she releases him to stumble around the streets of Tokyo. Unsure of his whereabouts and surroundings he shuffles down a street towards a young girl who is sitting watching the whole world go by. The 964, gaunt, dressed in rags and virtually devoid of hair except for a small plume at the front of his head cuts a strange figure as he wearily stumbles onwards. Himiko notices the strange shuffling figure moving towards her and, when the 964 collapses into her lap, she comforts him. Both Himiko and the Pinocchio seek refuge in the basement of an old, abandoned building in the city. Intrigued by this odd individual Himiko discovers a branding on Pinocchio's back which details his model name - Pinocchio 964. Himiko then attempts to teach 964 to speak starting with pronouncing his own name. Gradually, her lessons meet with some success as Pinocchio slowly begins to form coherent speech. In amongst the language lessons, Himiko and Pinocchio drift around the streets and shoplift as much food as they can from the nearby supermarkets. One day while wandering around in their favourite train station Pinocchio goes missing and Himiko, tears in her eyes, frantically searches in vain. However, returning to the basement home, lo and behold there stands Pinocchio - all spruced up and waiting for her. Himiko and Pinocchio then sleep together but during the next day Pinocchio's headaches become unbearable and he starts to haemorrhage. Pinocchio's blood and other bodily fluids flow out and cover everything in the subterranean home. Watching him rolling around in agony Himiko is first shocked although she doesn't stay stunned for long and rapidly this gives way to maniacal laughter. After this Himiko is then seen wandering through the train station, expelling a strange white gunge from her mouth and rolling around in it on the ground. Seemingly consumed by hysteria she makes her way back to Pinocchio and hauls him off to a scrapyard. Once there she chains Pinocchio to a rock in spite of the latters painful protests and shouts at him, saying that she has tricked him and that he will now belong to her forever. Himiko then hauls Pinocchio to his feet and drags him away while the latter struggles with the iron collar around his neck and the chains that bind his hands. Running parallel with the increasingly twisted relationship between Pinocchio and Himiko, the formers creators are busy scouring the streets to try and find him. One day Himiko oversees one of the men in this group and walks up to him, saying that she can take him to the location of the lost Pinocchio. The group then launch an attack on the underground lair but it is unsuccessful and gives Pinocchio the chance to escape. And escape he does. Still attached to a huge boulder that drags behind him, Pinocchio runs in fast motion through the streets of Tokyo spurting blood from his screaming mouth and waving his arms wildly. Meanwhile, pedestrians line the streets, standing and staring at the strange spectacle of this odd looking man running by. Eventually Pinocchio heads for his creators office but before he can get inside they meet him in the grounds of the building. A confrontation takes place but the unhinged Pinocchio is in no mood to reason and takes his revenge on his creators.

FEATURES
Interview with Shozin Fukui for Pinocchio 964, 1988 Short Film 'Caterpillar', Gallery, Trailers

Alethia

Just Withnail

As this seems intriguing and I didn't wanna spoil an eventual viewing, I didn't read any of that. But I got to say those are some of the most disturbing screenshots I've ever seen. Is that film fucked beyond apprehension, or is it just me, 03?

picolas

Quote from: Withnail & GarfunkelIs that film fucked beyond apprehension, or is it just me, 03?
one post up.

it is certainly relative, but if you found 'tetsuo' by shinya tsukamoto disturbing, then you will find this moreso. i like it very much, i recommend seeing it as soon as possible.

MacGuffin

Warner has just announced that they'll release a 2-disc Chariots of Fire: Special Edition on 2/1/05 (SRP $26.99). The previous and out of print DVD release was full frame only, but this new version will be anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Over 3 1/2 hours of extras will be included. Expect audio commentary with director Hugh Hudson, 11 deleted scenes, screen test footage for Ben Cross and Ian Charleson, the Wings on their Heels: The Making of Chariots of Fire and Chariots of Fire: A Reunion documentaries, 2 Easter eggs and the theatrical trailer.

Warner will finally release James Cagney's White Heat on 1/25/05, along with Angels with Dirty Faces, Little Caesar, The Petrified Forest, The Public Enemy and The Roaring Twenties (SRP $19.97 each). They'll all be available together in the Warner Gangsters Collection box set (SRP $68.92) the same day.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas
Quote from: dvdfile.comDue on November 2nd is a two-disc set of Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove, which will be presented in 1.33:1 full screen and Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround. Extras include the new documentary "The Art of Stanley Kubrick from Short Films to Strangelove" and "Inside the Making of Dr. Strangelove" featurette, split-screen interview with Peter Sellers and George C. Scott, an advertising gallery, talent files and production notes (mogwai note: no deleted scenes!). Retail will be $34.95.
so the only new thing is the 5.1 surround mix? the "new documentary 'The Art of SK'" is on the single disc SE, as well as the other things listed. if it was 'new' on the single disc SE, it certainly shouldn't be 'new' on this edition.

Quote from: RaviIf Dr. Strangelove needed anything, it was a DTS soundtrack  :roll:

Columbia, the master of selling one movie 3 times.

All Strangelove editions compared here.

Skeleton FilmWorks