Dallas Filmmakers Unite

Started by metroshane, August 28, 2003, 09:11:50 AM

metroshane

Anyone in Dallas currently working on anything?  

I'm on my second/third revision of my feature and plan on shooting it miniDV if anyone wants to help  (probably late this year).  Also, if anyone has an XL1S that I could try out before I buy/rent one, that would be great.

Do you need help on your projects?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

aclockworkjj

I wish I would see more posts like this around here shane....cudos to you.  

also, see if you can find a rental house that will give you a day or 2 rental credit if you end up buying a new one from them...I know a lot of places do the "try, then buy" thingy.

metroshane

Well, that worked out great.  (thanks anyway jj).

maybe I should have asked who all wants to be a critic?
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

markums2k

Quote from: metroshanemaybe I should have asked who all wants to be a critic?

*You have 297 new Private Messages*  :-D

Ghostboy

He metro, sorry I didn't notice your post the first time around. I'm in Dallas, and I'm a filmmaker. I've got an Xl-1 (minus the s -- old model) you could look at if you'd like. I don't know if I'd be able to help on your feature, since starting in October I'm going to be knee deep in a project of my own, but maybe we can commiserate. More on me at the www link below \/

metroshane

Thanks Ghostboy....I'm not sure when my feature is going to shoot, so there's some flexibility.  I would love to commiserate some time.

Link

I'm almost a Dallas filmmaker...I go to college in Keene (about 35-45 southwest of Dallas, depending how fast you drive).  I'm writing me a movie and hoping to film late this year.  With what?  Who knows?  I don't own any good camera, but a buddy of mine may start dating a chick who's dad collects a bunch of cameras, I was telling him not to screw it up, my film may depend on his relationship.  BUT!  If I keep my grades up, second semester I'll be editing my film on a beautiful G4 Powerbook (sure, it's no G5, but considering the fact that the school's giving it to me, I ain't complaining one bit).

metroshane

Let's try this again.  I'm finished with my script and have done some rewrites based on professional critique.  I plan on starting shooting around March 22, but still have some location issues to solve.

anyone want to help?